how do we get on the closed beta for foundry then
I think you needed to apply ages ago. I missed it too =[
Lt. Commander
# 203
11-22-2010, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlo
I think you needed to apply ages ago. I missed it too
Players were never able to apply to closed beta, certain players who showed that they were very efficient at finding bugs were offered the chance to take part via a private message from one of the Devs.
Lt. Commander
# 204
11-22-2010, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
Players were never able to apply to closed beta, certain players who showed that they were very efficient at finding bugs were offered the chance to take part via a private message from one of the Devs.
Good grief. You know those guys are gonna be so steeped in their own self-importance now that any constructive criticism of the open Beta Foundry they've already tested will be treated as personal attacks on them.

Or rather I hope it's not, put it that way.
Lt. Commander
# 205
11-22-2010, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Good grief. You know those guys are gonna be so steeped in their own self-importance now that any constructive criticism of the open Beta Foundry they've already tested will be treated as personal attacks on them.

there's no reason for it. they've done good work. look how far open beta was pushed.

the red shirts are getting it done right now, and if there's a problem with Foundry on Tribble, I'm sure that they'll accurately put blame onto the devs
Lt. Commander
# 206
11-22-2010, 12:12 PM
Quote:

Didn't folk have similar concerns over the Advisory Council? Hand-picked selection of players elevated to a position of influence; creating a two-tier community of commoners and the chosen few.

At least this time they were hand-picked by the devs and not a third-party marketing company.
Lt. Commander
# 207
11-22-2010, 04:36 PM
Regardless of when it is released.. Going through the ordeal I have planned is going to make people whimper...

I can think really really dark.. Event Horizon was a giggle fest...
Lt. Commander
# 208
11-22-2010, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morel42
I can think really really dark.. Event Horizon was a giggle fest...
Sweet! I'm looking forward to delving into something like that...
Lt. Commander
# 209
11-22-2010, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohrmanTiegan
Sweet! I'm looking forward to delving into something like that...
I would really like it if we can do some in fighting (Fed vs Fed) cause I have alot of story lines for something like that. Dunno how dark I can make it but it will start out light, like a kobyashi maru mission, and other stuff that is classified. :p
Lt. Commander
# 210
11-23-2010, 06:07 AM
From a DevPost I read that you can change the costume of ships for our missions. Such as put in Klingon/Mirror Universe/Romulan ships, then change their costume to Fed standard so it would appear you were fighting your own folks. That should help a bit. Haven't heard/read if that will also be the case for the NPCs or not...