Lt. Commander
# 21
10-25-2010, 05:58 PM
Looking forward to explanding my writers guide in the future. And I have big plans for the orions, and other races that are fairly hard to complete for kill accolades for both factions.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-25-2010, 06:04 PM
wait so how many Eula's again? One for creation of missions and one for the rating/revieing of missions? is that ciorrect anyone?
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-25-2010, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatherfungus View Post
pick me !! pick me !!

er sorry, shameless self promotion

well I did restart my subscription to work with UGC

<gets off soap box>
Dont worry, Dan said that it will be going to Tribble sometime around the beginning of next month, so everyone(with an active sub) will be able to test it then. The "closed beta" wont last long at all(at least, if what Dan said is true).
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-25-2010, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Dont worry, Dan said that it will be going to Tribble sometime around the beginning of next month, so everyone(with an active sub) will be able to test it then. The "closed beta" wont last long at all(at least, if what Dan said is true).
Next month as in November or as in December? November is only a week away, after all.
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-25-2010, 06:17 PM
Quote:
well, given that a large part of it is the same tools the developer has been using...
there should not be that many bugs in it...they have used it for a year ? at least.
That would allow for a short closed beta.
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-25-2010, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotD
Next month as in November or as in December? November is only a week away, after all.
Remember, Season 3 goes LIVE at the beginning of December. That means they'll have to put it on Tribble at the beginning of next month(Nov) to get it tested well in time for the due date.
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-25-2010, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Remember, Season 3 goes LIVE at the beginning of December. That means they'll have to put it on Tribble at the beginning of next month(Nov) to get it tested well in time for the due date.
I only ask because my sub is up on Wednesday, and I wasn't planning on resubbing. The UGC interests me enough to consider it though, because I think I can put my money where my mouth is and make some good stuff if the tools are good enough.
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-25-2010, 06:26 PM
Awesome, thanks so much for all of the new info, it's so very promising and I can't wait, I'm really excited about this.

I've also informed my Fleet of 42 active members out of 109 and linked them here, many of them are also very interested, been asking me questions for the past couple of weeks, some knew nothing about UGC or that it was even planned. lol
Lt. Commander
# 29 Updates!
10-25-2010, 06:33 PM
Q: Will kill accolades work with Foundry missions?

A: Yes.

Q: Will Authors be tagged as Anonymous during the review process, and if so, will their names be made visible after missions have been approved?

A: The answer to this is unknown at this time. Please remember that these tools are still in the very early stages of development. We'll let you know more soon.

Q: Will we be able to make content in German language? Will the reviewers give their okay or needs everything to be done in English? Will we need non-English reviewers?

A: Mission are published in the language they are authored in. There are no restrictions on play testing a mission in any language.
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-25-2010, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Q: Will kill accolades work with Foundry missions?

A: Yes.

Q: Will Authors be tagged as Anonymous during the review process, and if so, will their names be made visible after missions have been approved?

A: The answer to this is unknown at this time. Please remember that these tools are still in the very early stages of development. We'll let you know more soon.

Q: Will we be able to make content in German language? Will the reviewers give their okay or needs everything to be done in English? Will we need non-English reviewers?

A: Mission are published in the language they are authored in. There are no restrictions on play testing a mission in any language.
LOL

Can see it now, UGC written in Klingon :p