Lt. Commander
# 311
03-16-2012, 03:10 AM
I don't know, if this is a general bug or if only have this problem but: When I'm in the Foundry creating my maps, I can't place anything on them, because the box on the right side with the objects, consoles, NPC and enimies is closed. And if i click the arrow to open it again nothing happens. I can't work that way T_T
Same goes for the Infobox at the bottom, only the box on the left side with the maps, dialouges and so on can be closed and reopened without problems.
Does anyone know, how to fix this?
Ensign
# 312
04-09-2013, 12:49 PM
Hello!
Im building my first mission and Im having some problems.
Is it possible to make objects move (like a stick being fixed at something solid and swinging or rotating)?
Because I have seen that is is possible (at least in the admin-created games).

Second question. Is it also possible to design objects and then upload them into the game?
It would save a lot of time and effort instead of placing 2 buildings on eachother in order to get one taller and so on?

Thank you very much!!! ;D
\\// Live long and prosper \\// Qapla' ! Bjavt!
Starfleet Veteran
# 313
04-09-2013, 01:22 PM
So it's technically against forum rules to necro old threads. In the future, it's perfectly acceptable to start a new thread to ask such questions. But to answer your questions before Brandon closes this thread down, no it isn't possible to animator or import objects.

A couple of authors have attempted pseudo animation by having a series of objects turn on and off triggered by a series of reach markers, but it's incredible complex to pull off. Most authors, if they want to make something move will just have the object disappear in one place and a duplicate appear in another. A couple of objects such as the Starfleet doors objects have built in animations for opening or closing.

Importing objects isn't something you're going to see in the foundry as it would open the door for inappropriate content into the game. However, most of the better Foundry authors will build custom object out of the existing assets. Some of these creations can be quite elaborate. Here's a crashed starship I built a while back.

Sorry it isn't the answer you're looking for, but you'll find with some clever tricks that you can work around many of the limitations.

@greendragoon
Ensign
# 314
04-10-2013, 09:46 AM
Thank you then...