Lt. Commander
# 31
10-25-2010, 06:43 PM
I have a question and an example to explain myself better.

I write up a mission in English, but before I publish it, I decide that I want to request the help of another member of the community, to translate my English mission into, lets say German (via PM or e-mail).

So my fellow community member who is very helpful, translates my mission dialogue into German for me.

Can I then include both the English and German dialogue in my mission?

Also, will the ground maps for Earth and various other locations that have been completed, but not yet added to STO live, be available to use in the Foundry?

Thank you in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 32
10-25-2010, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatherfungus View Post
LOL

Can see it now, UGC written in Klingon :p

It will happen Qa'pla
Lt. Commander
# 33
10-25-2010, 06:57 PM
Q: Do you have any advice for the authors who focus on Vulcan Love Slaves?
Lt. Commander
# 34
10-25-2010, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Q: Do you have any advice for the authors who focus on Vulcan Love Slaves?
I imagine keep it in a teen rating would be a part of the advice. :p
Lt. Commander
# 35
10-25-2010, 07:16 PM
Q: Will there be a function to allow the camera / ground to shake? IE: Earthquake / volcano eruptions / ship under attack

Q: Will we have the ability to tag a boss mob with a 'clone' feature? Meaning whoever the party lead is or whoever is playing can meet and fight their mirror universe counterpart.
Lt. Commander
# 36
10-25-2010, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade

A: Yes they can. Players can customize pre-made planet surfaces, and star systems with their own encounters, objects, and story. They can also create their own star systems from scratch. More map features are planned for future updates.
Will there be, lets say a Sol system available to make missions in? Or Vulcan Etc.? I don't mean editing the live systems.
Lt. Commander
# 37
10-25-2010, 08:08 PM
this is all well and good, when do we get to play with these tools though?
Lt. Commander
# 38
10-25-2010, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the FAQ!

Quote:
Q: Will there be rewards for playing episodes created using The Foundry?

A: Yes. Playtesting has been performed to ensure balanced reward levels for community authored content. Players will not be able to create custom rewards with the launch of The Foundry.
PLEASE, no Diminishing Returns on Mission XP. Use adequate play testing and data mining to make sure rewards are balanced and to eliminate exploitable missions.

Since UGC is being used to take the pressure off of the STO Team to design things like Unique Klingon Only Episodes, let us get rewarded for each mission we play - for as long as we want to play them.

Quote:
Q: How will players be ensured quality content?

A: Members of the community can sign up as reviewers. All published community authored episodes need to be reviewed by the reviewers and given the okay before the rest of the community sees the content. If any questionable content makes it through the review process, players may report it for review.
Question:

Please give more details on what Reviewers are responsible for policing other than profanity and obscene content:

Are Reviewers also responsible for policing content that CBS objects to? Such as actor likenesses, references to other IPs (Star Wars characters), references to unlicensed Star Trek material (The Animated Series)?

Are Reviewers allowed to "reject" content for any reason they see fit or will they be monitored to ensure they adhere to the guidelines of their Special EULA?

Can individual Reviewers be reported for abuses of power? Or will all moderation by Reviewers be anonymous to the Mission Author?
Lt. Commander
# 39
10-25-2010, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatness View Post
I imagine keep it in a teen rating would be a part of the advice. :p
It would appear that you COULD simply not put the mission up for review and share it with your fleet.

Which could be one advantage to fleets/guilds: they can maintain, share, and run private stashes of UGC. That might allow a guild to focus on more mature content IF THEY WANT. It could also allow a guild to basically have its own themed UGC that doesn't mesh with the larger game theme.
Lt. Commander
# 40
10-25-2010, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
Dstalh said that anyone can be a reviewer, the difference between non reviewer and reviewer is the fact that the reviewers have to sign a EULA saying that they can expect any form of content from good, to bad, to down right inappropriate.
I don't understand why they don't just say something like "In order to play UGC, you must sign this new EULA!" Rather than separating people into reviewers and non-reviewers, this would just let them cover all their bases. It's basically what is happening, but the fact that they've labeled it reviewer/non-reviewer is just causing problems.

But I can't be too surprised that they're having nomenclature issues, when they call it the Foundry rather than something like "The Holodeck" or another Star Trek appropriate name...