Lt. Commander
# 71
10-27-2010, 12:12 AM
weeding through a bunch of posts I find some core questions and concerns.

1. Can we transistion players without the beam out load screen ?

2. Can 1 reviewer 'sink' our adventure ?

3. Can we create a private invitation only adventure?

4. Can we use UGC to create Fleet only areas ? as in virtual bases...preferably allowing more than 6 players

5. Can we have multipath conversations/storylines ?

These question come up alot, maybe they can be addressed.
If you can, of course.
Lt. Commander
# 72
10-27-2010, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Cryptic hasn't been involved with CoX since some time before the Mission Architect System went live, and Star Trek Online will be the first of our titles to have access to our Mission Authoring Tools.

That said however, yes, we will be continuing to make episodes for Star Trek Online well past the launch of The Foundry for Star Trek Online.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Thank you Stormshade.
Lt. Commander
# 73
10-27-2010, 01:10 AM
Lt. Commander
# 74
10-27-2010, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TauNeutrino
It is not currently possible to modify a player's (or an enemy's) powers. As cool as that would be when done right, it would open up too many avenues for both griefing and farming. If we ever decided to do this in the future, it would have to be very restricted in what you could and couldn't do to stay within the rules of the game.

As for preventing beam out, unless I misunderstand what you mean there is no real way to prevent a character from leaving a map. The player can always choose to log out, and the worst that will happen is they lose some progress in the mission.
In terms of reinforcements, can we set a mission for no BOs (like some content such as saving the Daxter), one BO (ala most diplomatic content from early in the game's development) or four BOs (like most content)?

I happen to think the golden number is two BOs since it forces more direct action from the player without getting away from BOs altogether but some missions I have in mind really do rely on getting the Captain alone.

It might also be interesting to allow more than four BOs or teammates although I imagine that would have to come after launch. I would like to eventually make Fleet Actions and STFs or maybe FAs with STF elements for true raiding.
Lt. Commander
# 75
10-27-2010, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TauNeutrino
There will be some commands that allow you to quickly defeat enemies and complete objectives. We are still working exactly what commands we plan to expose, but we want playtesting to be easy since that will improve the quality of the resulting missions quite a bit.
I'd think it might be easiest just to sidekick someone's effective level WAAAAAAAAAAAY up in unreleased instances.
Lt. Commander
# 76
10-27-2010, 01:39 AM
As per the earlier statement about not being able to change an enemy's powers, and I do believe I read a dev post before that we wouldnt be able to make the ships harder or more simple than they currently are (by this i assume we cant take a borg cube and tripple its hp) and that we couldnt modify the enemy ships themselves (looks, size, etc). Now i'll fully admit I may have read that dev post wrong.

I was just wondering what the future plans were for being able to edit enemies more fully... you know for those of us who want to make a super cube (4x tactical cube hp and about 8x the size heh). Will my love of of the super cubes and super tactical cubes (8 cubes fused together) from armada 2 be able to be realized and faced off against within a storyline with the foundry?
Lt. Commander
# 77
10-27-2010, 09:07 AM
If I get it right

UGC - First issue

Players will be themselves-
Thier uniforms
thier powers
thier ship
thier Bofs

possibly later, the author might be able to change some things
like stick them with a different ship...or make the ship look different ..ie holoprojector
and such
Lt. Commander
# 78
10-27-2010, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I'd think it might be easiest just to sidekick someone's effective level WAAAAAAAAAAAY up in unreleased instances.
CoX has a button you can use, that just kills the targeted bad guy while you're testing your mission. SUPER fun to use if you're just testing dialog options. "Tab, kill, tab, kill, tab, kill..." Might be a good way to let players vent anger against dual-wielding pistoleros...

Obviously nothing counts towards kills while you're in testing mode.
Lt. Commander
# 79
10-27-2010, 02:54 PM
Are there any sort of planned limitations on the number of episodes a single account can have published at any one time?

Will authors have the ability to remove or change their episodes once the episode has been published?
Lt. Commander
# 80
10-28-2010, 10:50 AM
is the foundry available offline. As in, can we build our missions offline or is it entirely online. Or rather, if you get suddenly disconnected does your progress 'go away' like a word document without autosave??

This is a major concern of mine.