# 81
10-28-2010, 12:22 PM
This sounds quite nice.
Lt. Commander
# 82
10-28-2010, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gammadelta1 View Post
is the foundry available offline. As in, can we build our missions offline or is it entirely online. Or rather, if you get suddenly disconnected does your progress 'go away' like a word document without autosave??

This is a major concern of mine.
Ooh, that is a major concern. How often will it autosave?

Having it available offline would actually be pretty cool. Sure it would take up space, but the ability to create Star Trek missions anytime might be worth it for some...
Lt. Commander
# 83
10-29-2010, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousBrad
Please, please, please make rating and feedback anonymous. Otherwise, anybody who negatively rates a player-created mission, let alone criticizes it, is just inviting retaliation rating. "You 1-starred my mission!? Well, see how you like it when I 1-star all of yours." "You hurt my feelings by telling me you didn't like the ending of my mission? I'll hurt you back by 1-starring every mission you write from now on." (I know; that is exactly what happened to me in City of Heroes when ratings and feedback stopped being anonymous.)
Sadly, I think you're gonna get people who 1-star every mission they play as another way to cause grief.
Lt. Commander
# 84
10-29-2010, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
Ooh, that is a major concern. How often will it autosave?

Having it available offline would actually be pretty cool. Sure it would take up space, but the ability to create Star Trek missions anytime might be worth it for some...
Offline creation of content would be the most common sense approach. I'll be pretty amazed if you have to be logged in and online to do the work. I have been amazed before, however
Lt. Commander
# 85
10-29-2010, 11:36 PM
I can say that my fleet is looking forward to foundry, for the sole reason of need for fleet based mission that we can use as tools to see who is interested in a fleet or not. We get alot of people who want into the fleet then never stay with it leave because they cant get in the bank or other wise. so this tool will be very usefull for weeding out serious canidates.
Lt. Commander
# 86
11-01-2010, 01:55 PM
The October 19 engineering report said the Foundry should be moving into open beta within the first half of Nov. Any setbacks that will keep it out of public testing or push it back from the season 3 release date?
Lt. Commander
# 87
11-01-2010, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
excellent. im very pleased to hear that.
Yet, the kill count counting in the Foundry worries me.

I play a game called Halo: Reach off and on(so I can play more STO), and some players have made custom maps and scenarios for that console game that allow you to gain experience at a ridiculously fast level. Way faster than intended through normal offline and online gameplay. And yes, the developer can take steps to minimize such occurrences, but why open yourself up to it in the first place Cryptic?

Please be mindful of this when the Foundry goes public, along with the concerns some have pointed out with who watches or reviews the reviewers.
Lt. Commander
# 88
11-01-2010, 09:42 PM
There is a lot of stuff that worries us....but lets put that aside for now.

Lets just support them in getting it out in whatever form it is in, then after
we kick the tires, THEN we can recommend changes as needed.
Lt. Commander
# 89
11-02-2010, 02:21 PM
ok, this is FAQ lets use it.

Is cryptic working to shorten zone in screen time and how is that likey to effect players in our adventures?

Is there a limit to the number of 'set' objects we can place on an indoor map, if not will there be a
recommended limit to reduce lag?

Will we be able to trigger the comming out of warp beauty shot or is it automatic ?

Can we have BO's interject dialog doing a conversation with an NPC ?

Can we place holo-emitters on a players ship to make it look like a different ship?

Can we control the local music in an adventure <from your music stock list> ?

Can we control lighting and place lighting effects?

Can we place sounds ?

Can we dictate where exactly a ship will zone into our maps to insure the player first sees
what we want them to see? for dramatic effect?

Can we control what NPCs do? like if we want a generic (non-conversation) NPC to fiddle
with a control box.

Can we mix and match all body parts when creating alien NPCs? Like can we stick hair
on a caitian?

in open ground areas, can we control the typography ? make hills trees ect.. ?

Can we recolor objects? asteroids, plants, buildings ect..

Can we place force fields and energy beams?

hmm thats enuff for now
Lt. Commander
# 90
11-05-2010, 07:07 AM
This thread died on the vine.