Of topic here... but SalsaDOOM. I love it

When you team with the other feds you should PM them come here my child. lol
Joking really love the Handle.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-25-2010, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warem
They are also very experienced, because they have almost no PvE content. The average Klingon player at Captain level has already won over 1000 PvP matches. The average Fed at that level has played pvp once - in the match you're currently in
Klingon players also have fed alts.Some play feds to better understand their strengths/weaknesses
& also, it gets boring after awhile destroying Feds 15-0, so we go hop on the blue side & fight Klingons. If you run into a klingon who seems a good sort in a match, maybe send him a friend request.ask his opinion on your build. ask to team up with him when he's flying his fed.heck for that matter, go spend a day in Ker'rat. challlange some klingons to 1 vs 1.ask advice. make friends.And most importantly, join a good active fleet.
STO is 10 times better when you're in a good fleet
I became a much better player after i dropped my single player PVE mentality, & realized that other players have good ideas too. usually better than mine.
thats why they always beat me
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-25-2010, 10:51 PM
Klingons will always dominate a PVP match because they always get first strike. Nothing can be done when all 5 decloak and focus fire the weakest ship. Then its a 4v5 match and you're disadvantaged. Running is easier for them to, as they can cloak once they're out of range. Then there's the carrier ships that spawn a billion pets, and its pretty much a pointnless effort. I do recall an amusing match where I had 10+ bird of prey pets chasing me.

I started a similar thread a while ago, and went through the same troubles. Now, instead of having a klingon blowout 9 out of 10 matches it seems to be about 3 out of 4. That means 1 out of 4 is a good close fight, win or lose.

They do this hit and run crap that draws out a match far too long, and doesn't allow any action on the fed side other than dying. They swoop in, pop 1 or 2 in the first strike, then run away and regroup. If all klinks did these tactics, which are wildly successful, PVP would be totally futile. The guy is a known troll on this board too.

Spawn killing is another big problem with the klinks. Why that's fun to them, I don't know. They pull the same crap in the ker'rat system. The only motivation I can see is taking joy in ticking off feds as much as possible.

FvF is better, in my opinion. More courteous players, better odds of having a good fight, and no huge advantage given to one side.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-25-2010, 10:55 PM
I was just part of another FvF where we beat them 15-0. What was the huge advantage there?
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-25-2010, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I was just part of another FvF where we beat them 15-0. What was the huge advantage there?
What point are you trying to make? Obviously there are far less blowouts in FvF, versus FvK, and Klingons have the first strike and ability to organize/plan a strike. HUGE advantage.

Are you arguing to the contrary, or just making a stupid remark in a futile attempt to say its all about skill?
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-25-2010, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad.Astra
What point are you trying to make? Obviously there are far less blowouts in FvF, versus FvK, and Klingons have the first strike and ability to organize/plan a strike. HUGE advantage.

Are you arguing to the contrary, or just making a stupid remark in a futile attempt to say its all about skill?
You know, it doesn't really take much to stop an alpha strike from klinks, just fast reflexes and investment in the proper bridge officer skills.
Lt. Commander
# 17 Trying?
10-25-2010, 11:36 PM
I feel like I was pretty clear. Everyone wants to discount skill and put everything on the game itself. I'm not talking about individual skill either. Individual skill is all good and well but it will only take you so far in a game full of people who can (and should) work together.

Call it stupid if you want. I can't make anyone see what they don't want to see.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-25-2010, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
You know, it doesn't really take much to stop an alpha strike from klinks, just fast reflexes and investment in the proper bridge officer skills.
and some luck. Usually I have my shields extended on the poor little target and my heals coming before the first torpedo volley hits, but its usually not enough. Feds don't seem to run very much when things get hot. I LOVE out running klinks in my cruiser, and rarely die more than twice in a 15-0 klink blowout. That does mean I'm not doing my job as a healer though.

Like I've said, I've gotten much better in recent weeks. Mostly thanks to repetition, as each match is the same thing over and over again. Getting more and more of those carriers now, which is a refreshing change. A new quagmire is figuring out how to beat someone with a billion pets flying around and shields that seem impenetrable with out all 5 of us focusing fire.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-25-2010, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I feel like I was pretty clear. Everyone wants to discount skill and put everything on the game itself. I'm not talking about individual skill either. Individual skill is all good and well but it will only take you so far in a game full of people who can (and should) work together.

Call it stupid if you want. I can't make anyone see what they don't want to see.
I completely agree with you. I just feel the klingons have the edge for reasons I stated above. Nothing a good skilled team can't counter, but the fact is we are countering their advantage. The odds will always favor them being able to organize and strike first.

Its like a game of dodgeball with the opposing team starting with all the balls, and choosing who to strike while you're blindfolded until the first ball is thrown.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-26-2010, 12:11 AM
Its not scientific in anyway however heres is some xp from today. I played 5 cap and hold matches today on my fed. A ton on my klink. (pugs)

Playing as a fed I had 2 heals thrown on me in 5 games. I was top healing and damage so perhaps I didn't need them often... however I was far from undefeated and there was plenty of times my Sci Ship was in the middle of 4 or 5 friendly cruisers that didn't send me no love. (perhaps they knew it was me) lol

Playing as a klink I can't count the number of hazard emitters engi teams ect I got hit with. One friendly raptor even hit me with a tac team to clear a Fire on my mark.

In fairness even though I was pugging on my klink I have played with most of the klingons in those matches before.

My point is the Klingon side of things is a small group. There really are only a handful of consistent klink players. In pretty much any klink pug 80% of the team have flown together before. Its to the point that most of us know each others builds. Its not that we have some great big advantage given to us by the game. The small community is the advantage, I will always try to save and heal the guy I see pugging ever day at 3pm... and he will hit me with that tac team and clear my nasties.

As harsh as it sounds... feds need to heal there own better... they need to understand sometimes the best way to help a friendly is to simply attack there target... or the guy coming for there backside. You all need to learn to be wingmen... most klinks seem to get it.