Lt. Commander
Hi STO community,

With the launch of the official Foundry forum, I wanted to send out a re-invite to all of you to contribute to Starbase UGC, which is a user-generated-website for user-generated content (AKA The Foundry).

The site has two parts:

1. A Blog written by all of you. UGC authors may use the blog to promote their missions, players can review others' missions, and all contributors can post their thoughts about the Foundry, its potential, and its limitations. If you register for the site (and we confirm that you're human), then you'll be able to write for the website.

2. A Wiki edited by all of you. If you promote your missions on the blog, you can also create links to those posts or entirely separate pages for your missions in the UGC Wiki. Additionally, you can use the Wiki as a Foundry reference guide, with toolset tutorials, tips and tricks, etc.

Please join us. We've had some awesome contributors so far, and I want to give a shout out to HeathenStorm, the Illustrious Q, Captain Quirk, USS Andromeda, AtomicFB, and all the other great folks writing for the blog.

Since we know that UGC authors should promote their missions in order to see them eventually included in the main game, we hope that our site will provide you with a space to do so. If you want players to play and review your mission, blog about it, post some screenshots, or put the mission in the wiki for people to find. You won't have to rely on word of mouth alone.

Please check us out and contribute.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-25-2010, 05:13 PM
That looks like a cool site, thanks for making it. Hopefully that will help people get the word out after theyve created a new mission.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-25-2010, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
That looks like a cool site, thanks for making it. Hopefully that will help people get the word out after theyve created a new mission.
Thanks, Nagus! I'd love to see you and others contribute.

I think it may really help the quality missions to rise to the top if players and authors use it to find out more about "what's out there."
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-25-2010, 05:24 PM
Nice site. Ill be spending more time there for sure.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-25-2010, 05:26 PM
I brought my glue for this thread.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-25-2010, 05:29 PM
great job, sincere thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-25-2010, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
I brought my glue for this thread.
Help!

I'm stuck, what's the command again, the one to get myself unstuck? lol

I'm not really sure what I can add to the wiki at the moment (or how), but I will make sure I contribute when I've figured it out and definitely once "The Foundry (beta)" is live for testing.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-25-2010, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the Sticky! That's heavy duty!
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-25-2010, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
Help!

I'm stuck, what's the command again, the one to get myself unstuck? lol

I'm not really sure what I can add to the wiki at the moment (or how), but I will make sure I contribute when I've figured it out and definitely once "The Foundry (beta)" is live for testing.
Thanks Alecto! There is probably not much that we can do for the wiki at the moment, except for adding links to canon reference guides, adding pages for author profiles, and other stuff like that. Hopefully, it will grow when players get their hands on the toolset.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-25-2010, 10:41 PM
I can't wait to fiddle with the tools... I'm very excited about it.