Lt. Commander
# 141
10-28-2010, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post

It's a rather more even-handed and less anvilicious exploration of the subject than in the Stargate shows, though I like those too. Except for Universe, but that's waaaaaaaaaaaay off-topic.
I mean, I look at it now, and it's so obvious. But I was so engrossed in the characters that I didn't really look for such things.
Lt. Commander
# 142
10-29-2010, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post

It's a rather more even-handed and less anvilicious exploration of the subject than in the Stargate shows, though I like those too. Except for Universe, but that's waaaaaaaaaaaay off-topic.
I really enjoyed the unstated implication of the ascended Ancients being the basis for a lot of Christianity. They weren't quite bold enough to point out the connection outright, but it was definitely there. They got a lot of respect from me for doing that. Not very PC.
Lt. Commander
# 143
10-29-2010, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hklbry View Post
Not to get off topic (she says before getting off topic), but I'm an Atheist and I have no problem with Bajoran spirituality or their religion. In fact, the argument can be made that by having wormhole aliens as "Prophets" it shows how subjective religion can be. It could also be argued that some Fundamentalist could have a problem with any Trek religion because it isn't the same as their religion.

Personally, I'll be giving low marks to missions with typos, shiny vampires, and a lack of originality.
As I wrote, I didn't say all people belonging to these groups thought like that. Of course some Atheist have no problem with religion etc. What I'm worried about is that the Foundry can't handle these types of groups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
The thing is, what is "inappropriate" is going to be spelled out. Cryptic is additionally going to double-check anything flagged as "inappropriate" and if that reviewer consistently wrongly flags things, they are going to lose their reviewer privileges, and what they flagged as "inappropriate" is just going to get listed along with any other "appropriate" mission. It won't be an issue at all in the end.
Yes, they will loose their rights. But what will happen to the missions they have created? Let's say someone writes a bunch of missions then loose his marbles and starts running around flagging other writers' missions as inappropriate, eventually his rights are withdrawn. Will that mean that person can't make new missions, ever? Or just for a specific time period (1-6 months)? What happens to the missions he already published? Or is it only the right to review other writers' missions that is revoked?
Lt. Commander
# 144
10-29-2010, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simale
Yes, they will loose their rights. But what will happen to the missions they have created? Let's say someone writes a bunch of missions then loose his marbles and starts running around flagging other writers' missions as inappropriate, eventually his rights are withdrawn. Will that mean that person can't make new missions, ever? Or just for a specific time period (1-6 months)? What happens to the missions he already published? Or is it only the right to review other writers' missions that is revoked?
Only the rights to review content is withdrawn in this instance.

I suppose there will also be rights to make content that can be revoked if you repeatedly get caught trying to break whatever guidelines Cryptic and CBS put forth. This is just conjecture, since I don't recall seeing it touched on directly, but would make sense.
Closed Thread