Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
10-27-2010, 04:26 AM
signed

Ds9 is like my second home. If they enhance ds9 I'm sure I won't be doing that many missions anymore. Just hanging out on the habitat ring, watching the bajoran women come in every day

I say we need Morn in Quark's, That chair should never be empty!
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-27-2010, 04:42 AM
DS9 will always be my favorite, too. Since I can't have Dr. Bashir (er...I mean since we can't have him in the game) I'd at least like to see an infirmary. The CMO hanging out in a storage bay with auctioneers is a little weird.

I was most disappointed in Ops. If they give Kurland an office, it had better have a baseball on the desk because Sisko will be back!

Other adds - Morn, Security office, animated rolling "gear" doors, windows at a good height for wormhole viewing, Jumja Stick vendor next to a Klingon restaurant where Klingon opera can be heard...

Number one dream request - a holodeck at Quark's. Even if it was broken and all it would do is show a guy in a coonskin cap welcoming me to the Alamo I'd be giddy happy.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-27-2010, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hklbry View Post
DS9 will always be my favorite, too. Since I can't have Dr. Bashir (er...I mean since we can't have him in the game) I'd at least like to see an infirmary. The CMO hanging out in a storage bay with auctioneers is a little weird.

I was most disappointed in Ops. If they give Kurland an office, it had better have a baseball on the desk because Sisko will be back!

Other adds - Morn, Security office, animated rolling "gear" doors, windows at a good height for wormhole viewing, Jumja Stick vendor next to a Klingon restaurant where Klingon opera can be heard...

Number one dream request - a holodeck at Quark's. Even if it was broken and all it would do is show a guy in a coonskin cap welcoming me to the Alamo I'd be giddy happy.
Ah you paint the picture well. Yes Cryptic there are a lot of people who care more for canon and atmosphere then DPS, I'm certainly one of them. Ds9 can be the coolest MMO hangout in the history of MMO hangouts.

on a side note: I'd really looooove to see the klingon restaurant, with it's manager playing the achordeon, singing loud, while you enjoy your gagh in the company of a beautiful lady^^
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-27-2010, 05:21 AM
I just had a random idea, as a side track into revamping DS9.

How would players feel about purchasing or requisitioning quarters aboard DS9?

The way I would see it is that you would purchase the space with either Starfeet Merits, Energy credits, or a combination of both. You could use latinum to purchase different furnishings or themes to go with your quarters and it could be a fun place to hang out with other players and fleetmates. It would also be another place you could show off your trophies and accolades through a floor stand and wall stands similar to what we have in ship interiors.

I would imagine that you would recieve a basic quaters the first time you visit DS9, but in order to get more elaborate and functional interiors you would need to spend X amount of EC or SF merit.

Im thinking this could be a good currency sink for many of use who have ht VA and simply don't have anything to do with all of the everything that we have acculimated. It would also add more immersion to the game, helping it to feel more like the star trek universe, which is a big attraction to star trek fans everywhere.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-27-2010, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir1536 View Post
I just had a random idea, as a side track into revamping DS9.

How would players feel about purchasing or requisitioning quarters aboard DS9?

The way I would see it is that you would purchase the space with either Starfeet Merits, Energy credits, or a combination of both. You could use latinum to purchase different furnishings or themes to go with your quarters and it could be a fun place to hang out with other players and fleetmates. It would also be another place you could show off your trophies and accolades through a floor stand and wall stands similar to what we have in ship interiors.

I would imagine that you would recieve a basic quaters the first time you visit DS9, but in order to get more elaborate and functional interiors you would need to spend X amount of EC or SF merit.

Im thinking this could be a good currency sink for many of use who have ht VA and simply don't have anything to do with all of the everything that we have acculimated. It would also add more immersion to the game, helping it to feel more like the star trek universe, which is a big attraction to star trek fans everywhere.
your a genius, i love it.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-27-2010, 05:36 AM
I love it too. The one thing that's missing in STO is your own spot (aside form your ship interior), a place where you can withdraw, decorate and store items, and what would be better than quarters at ds9. I played Star wars galaxies a few months before STO and I really loved the fact that you could place a house on a planet at your own discretion, or with a guild, build entire cities.

This also brings up the idea of Fleet owned starbases, but I'm sure were going to see those in a while.

One problem. Does ds9 have enough room for thousands of players to have their quarters there?
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-27-2010, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiskota
I love it too. The one thing that's missing in STO is your own spot (aside form your ship interior), a place where you can withdraw, decorate and store items, and what would be better than quarters at ds9. I played Star wars galaxies a few months before STO and I really loved the fact that you could place a house on a planet at your own discretion, or with a guild, build entire cities.

This also brings up the idea of Fleet owned starbases, but I'm sure were going to see those in a while.

One problem. Does ds9 have enough room for thousands of players to have their quarters there?
it would have to have the actual room be instanced. so you run round to one of a dozen or so "quest quarters flashing doors" and it then takes you to your room.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-27-2010, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
it would have to have the actual room be instanced. so you run round to one of a dozen or so "quest quarters flashing doors" and it then takes you to your room.
That is logical. Now Cryptic, get to it
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-27-2010, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
This is almost exactly what I was thinking of.

My thought was that a section of the habitat ring (or sliver at least) would connect to the promenade through a large hallway simply to share the instance and help make DS9 feel more like...well DS9. Once on the habitat ring you would have a gradually sloping hallway with a series of flashing doors and regardless of which door you entered, you would be instanced into your quarters.

Now i really really want to make a diagram of what im talking about but im half awake now as it is, so ll post one up later. :p
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-27-2010, 08:17 AM
/signed

no sickbay is stupid, we have an NPC that heals injuries on crew but no sickbay for him...?