Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
10-27-2010, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir1536 View Post
This is almost exactly what I was thinking of.

My thought was that a section of the habitat ring (or sliver at least) would connect to the promenade through a large hallway simply to share the instance and help make DS9 feel more like...well DS9. Once on the habitat ring you would have a gradually sloping hallway with a series of flashing doors and regardless of which door you entered, you would be instanced into your quarters.

Now i really really want to make a diagram of what im talking about but im half awake now as it is, so ll post one up later. :p
Yep thats pretty much it.

i really hope the devs get round to doing something like this. DS9 is in my opinion, the most iconic location we have in sto because ds9 the show centred on the station. but it does not feel anywhere near as alive as it could be.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-27-2010, 10:37 AM
Agreed. One of the first places I wanted to go to when I started playing was DS9. Got there, and I was like, "that's it?" There really isn't much more to it than K7 or SB1, and there should be more to it. It was a vibrant place, full of culture, and entire show took place there so it should feel more than just your run-of-the-mill spacestation.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-27-2010, 10:38 AM
if they could also add a very fine ds9 style theme music when you enter the zone then i would totally go nuts.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-27-2010, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
I'd love to see them rework the interiors of DS9 so they have a proper docking ring and habitat ring and the upper and lower pylons. Also sickbay etc.

I can really see DS9 being a great place for UGC missions and some great non combat missions could be added there.

Even if people dont add too many, I think DS9 looking more authentic would be a good idea.
You know, i completely agree with this in part that iam sick of the simple fact of would you like to doc at DS9 and it happens. We have interiors at the moment, it is already available, so why not allow us to go to the turbo lift, select the deck in which the transporter room is located and then go to that of the deck and proceed to beam out once you get on the pad to turbo lift.

The Docking would also be welcoming, being able to walk down the hall to that of the turbo lift, once there you choose the deck in which you can depart from the ship that leads to that of the docking ring.
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-27-2010, 10:57 PM
For all the shortcomings and cool suggested expansions listed here, DS9 is still to me the absolute best area in the entire STO universe. It is the only area that invokes the feel of the show, and the only one for which the needed scale for camera movements actually suits the environment.

The visual appearance of the outside and inside comes so much closer to canon than anything else at all in the game. That said, I too would LOVE to see more of the station done in proper arcing segments.

It's too bad that the DS9 fleet action adds those extra sections laid out on the usual irrational grids that make no sense at all. Really, can't we have ship interiors that look just a little bit like what we would expect to see in blueprints?

So bring on all the improvements, but thanks for giving us at least one area that actually FEELS like what we saw in the series...