Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
10-27-2010, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
Actually, the KDF does not need more players, it needs more Feds willing to play PvP.
Oh that is somethign I can completely agree with. My original thought was with more KDF players there would be some houes battles going on - that would be a nice thing to see happening regulalry.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-29-2010, 02:23 PM
Maybe they should look into making AI comparable to PvP level of play and add some "bots" to fight in during PvP. It can be used to flesh out teams who are lacking players, and also help give a better population to PvP matches.

As it Stands, Must are either not interested in PvP, or have been driven away for various reasons. What needs to be done is a redesign f PvP, as well as encourage doing it. Of course the problem is, unlike multiplayer for FPS games, STO offers so much more than PvP offerings, and many people are drawn more towards that content. I would love to see a lot more of the objective based PvP missions where we have two sides competing to complete different tasks.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-29-2010, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota2063 View Post
Maybe they should look into making AI comparable to PvP level of play and add some "bots" to fight in during PvP. It can be used to flesh out teams who are lacking players, and also help give a better population to PvP matches.
I don't think that would work in the games we currently have - but I'd actually like to see that in a new game mode with larger maps. Something like the good old "Alterac Valley" in WoW.

Two starbases, PvE allies for each side, a large map with several outposts on the way that can be captured ...

Outposts could be resources like asteroids - a faction can capture them, then the starbase sends an unarmed AI freighter (destructable!) to construct a mining facility. Once the mining facility is established, it'll send out transports with resources (again: destructable!) to the home base, from which the base will "build" PvE allies that will warp and participate in the fight. The players will have a measure of control over these PvE allies, able to send them to guard certain areas or advance towards the enemy base and attack anything they encounter on their way - including enemy mining facilities, whose asteroids may then be claimed by the other team (again with a freighter). The goal of the map is, of course, to destroy the enemy starbase.

... ahh, one can dream.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-29-2010, 03:21 PM
Quote:
I don't think that would work in the games we currently have - but I'd actually like to see that in a new game mode with larger maps. Something like the good old "Alterac Valley" in WoW.

Two starbases, PvE allies for each side, a large map with several outposts on the way that can be captured ...

Outposts could be resources like asteroids - a faction can capture them, then the starbase sends an unarmed AI freighter (destructable!) to construct a mining facility. Once the mining facility is established, it'll send out transports with resources (again: destructable!) to the home base, from which the base will "build" PvE allies that will warp and participate in the fight. The players will have a measure of control over these PvE allies, able to send them to guard certain areas or advance towards the enemy base and attack anything they encounter on their way - including enemy mining facilities, whose asteroids may then be claimed by the other team (again with a freighter). The goal of the map is, of course, to destroy the enemy starbase.

... ahh, one can dream.
Isn't that kind of also like a rip off of Guild Wars as well? Then we'll have entire fleets dedicated to taking and holding a SB only...yup...not the way I want to play STO...lol...sorry, just my 2 cents.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-29-2010, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
Isn't that kind of also like a rip off of Guild Wars as well? Then we'll have entire fleets dedicated to taking and holding a SB only...yup...not the way I want to play STO...lol...sorry, just my 2 cents.
Guild Wars? I was thinking more like Empire at War, just MMO-style.

As for the fleets ... aren't there PvP-specced fleets already? I'm not sure what such a map would change regarding this.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-29-2010, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Guild Wars? I was thinking more like Empire at War, just MMO-style.

As for the fleets ... aren't there PvP-specced fleets already? I'm not sure what such a map would change regarding this.
It would make it just that more competitive....and more noobs playing pvp...with more fleets demanding of their membership whatever it takes to take and hold certain SB on certain points on the map.....Yeah, just like GW...lol
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-29-2010, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
It would make it just that more competitive....and more noobs playing pvp...with more fleets demanding of their membership whatever it takes to take and hold certain SB on certain points on the map.....Yeah, just like GW...lol
Maybe you misunderstood - I wasn't referring to a persistent area in sector space. Just a new map and mode for the PvP queues.

Dynamic sector space conquest would be interesting as well, though. I could see it work like in PotBS, see this article. As long as participation remains optional (such as by designating a specific sector a "warzone"), who could complain?

In the end, I'd just like the option to see a longer battle than a mere ~15-minute-match.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-29-2010, 10:15 PM
A thought. Both myself and my house mate where discussing this the other day. Both of us have been playing since the Open beta, and both of us have started fiddling with the Klingon faction recently.

I put the final spurt of Grinding in with one of my fed characters, by doing the Borg DSE's to get her up to VA. There was a large number of people all in the DSE and it was fun. Then having done that I Switched over to my Klingon and found the Khales Expanse. Basically a DSE with added faffing about, and on your own.

Surely a sort of "DSE +" on a single map would be better? Then you get more Klingon's in one place, having more fun splatting enemy ships. Also a DSE is fun to grind when there's allot of people playing. It'd give people the ability to get more levels, and have more fun doing it.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-29-2010, 11:11 PM
No doubt about it those expanses suck the big one...

Frankly it stinks of last minute desperation to provide something that was very quick and easy to implement to give the impression KDF characters had something to do.

You are quite right though. If they got rid of the faffing about of flying and scanning empty locations it would be much better. Lower level KDF players might actually meet new friends in there too. The Borg DSE is a good example of how these can actually work quite well and still be a a little bit more social. Unllike Federation toons, Klingons can spend 4 or 5 grades in one of those wretched places. Sticking you in their with other random players would be a great boon.

A single mutli-instanced location would be a much better idea. I thnk you should start a new thread suggesting that in fact to drum up support and try and get Cryptic to change it to that model.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-29-2010, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Maybe you misunderstood - I wasn't referring to a persistent area in sector space. Just a new map and mode for the PvP queues.

Dynamic sector space conquest would be interesting as well, though. I could see it work like in PotBS, see this article. As long as participation remains optional (such as by designating a specific sector a "warzone"), who could complain?

In the end, I'd just like the option to see a longer battle than a mere ~15-minute-match.
You know what happened last time they messed with PVP...it wasn't fixed for a LONG time....