Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
10-29-2010, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Restless.Kaiser
A single mutli-instanced location would be a much better idea. I thnk you should start a new thread suggesting that in fact to drum up support and try and get Cryptic to change it to that model.
Go for it. I don't post much, and when I do I'm normally pulling some-ones leg. So I'll leave that to someone more experienced in getting things noticed.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-30-2010, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curii
Go for it. I don't post much, and when I do I'm normally pulling some-ones leg. So I'll leave that to someone more experienced in getting things noticed.
Well, trust me...if it gets any notice it will be at the bottom of the pile for season 4...maybe 5...lol
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-01-2010, 10:22 PM
Personally i say keep KDF in PVP... Give more pvp missions... open up fed sectors make some them contested areas and have systems in those contested area's controllable to the faction that takes it. Give us many new pvp maps... Make a ranking system and rewards for pvp (this should fix the pvp problem) give people a reason to pvp. if people have reason to pvp they will come to KDF side to play. forget about PVE content and build on the PVP aspect of the KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-02-2010, 06:21 AM
You can only do so much PvP a day. Also, why should the huge potential this faction still has to offer in terms of atmosphere and storytelling go to waste? "Bringing Down the House" was easily one of the best missions in the whole of STO.

Also, it's actually more Starfleet players doing PvP that are needed here. The gap isn't huge (I'd say it's a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio depending on the time you look at the queue), but it is noticeable. So, yes, more incentives would be nice. Boost the XP gain (not quite to the old level, but more than now) or hand out (more) emblems or something.

And yes, more maps / modes would also help. Making PvP more interesting is even more important than making it more rewarding, imo.
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-02-2010, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
You can only do so much PvP a day. Also, why should the huge potential this faction still has to offer in terms of atmosphere and storytelling go to waste? "Bringing Down the House" was easily one of the best missions in the whole of STO.

Also, it's actually more Starfleet players doing PvP that are needed here. The gap isn't huge (I'd say it's a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio depending on the time you look at the queue), but it is noticeable. So, yes, more incentives would be nice. Boost the XP gain (not quite to the old level, but more than now) or hand out (more) emblems or something.

And yes, more maps / modes would also help. Making PvP more interesting is even more important than making it more rewarding, imo.
Having a boosted gain for xp is what fed players whined incessantly about for pvp, and caused the KDF big pains when it was nerfed.
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-03-2010, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Snipped

Couldn't agree more.
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-03-2010, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
Having a boosted gain for xp is what fed players whined incessantly about for pvp, and caused the KDF big pains when it was nerfed.
I know - just goes to show that you shouldn't listen to the players all the time. Seems clear to me that this change did only make things worse.
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-07-2010, 05:31 PM
For what its worth, I have been spending more time playing Klingon lately than Federation. Been dabbling a little in low level pvp, but the matches can get annoying, like the 3v3 last night that was basically far too long and tedious to be anything useful in terms of character progression or even keeping my attention. (Hour long match that basically devolved into a snipe-hide-snipe-hide grindfest which mercifully ended when one side began working as a team)

I do prefer the atmosphere of being klingon to fed though. I'm also passively looking out for active fleets. You may yet win me over. haha.
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-07-2010, 06:08 PM
Yes, KDF definitively has a lot of atmosphere to offer.

Federation ... well, a lot of the ships are really cool, but the blue LCARS and the fact that 80% of the people don't look anything like a Starfleet officer really doesn't do it for me. I keep switching back and forth, though. In a weird way, it's nice that every faction has something to offer.
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-07-2010, 07:52 PM
Quote:
I know - just goes to show that you shouldn't listen to the players all the time. Seems clear to me that this change did only make things worse.
We can't blame the Federation - only they were allowed to max their toons in 3-4 days of gameplay. God Forbid that Klingons did it in a week.