Lt. Commander
# 31
10-26-2010, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
What if someone wishes to play UGC content, but would not for risk of coming across content which is inappropriate? Should they simply not be allowed to play through other community member's episodes for fear of coming across something which should have been caught be people who review content?
Didnt you guys say people would be able to read actual comments by people who have played the mission?
Lt. Commander
# 32
10-26-2010, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClingingMars View Post
it was a good episode, but I'd rather my XO NOT try to take over the ship! XD
Heh, true. I liked the whole episode, but I think the best part was "seeing" Seska again after she had died in the previous season. (I've always like Seska, even though, as a whole, I don't really care for Cardassians.)
Lt. Commander
# 33
10-26-2010, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClingingMars View Post
because they want it to remain at a T rating and a family game.
Its been commented on before by the Devs, but this UGC has nothing to do with the game's rating.
Lt. Commander
# 34
10-26-2010, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Its been commented on before by the Devs, but this UGC has nothing to do with the game's rating.
young children play this game, people who are easily offended or want total immersion play this game. if there is no initial approval process then if that child or person is the first person to play the mission there wont be any ratings or comments.

there is still a risk it could happen even with the approval process but it cuts down the risk.
Lt. Commander
# 35
10-26-2010, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
young children play this game, people who are easily offended or want total immersion play this game.
People who want "total immersion" have nothing to do with this discussion. The review system is only meant to weed out inappropriate content, not judge the story of the mission or its level of immersion. The fact that you dont even understand that only shows the problems that will arise when people such as yourself say a mission shouldnt be published for reasons that have nothing to do with the actual purpose of the review system.
Lt. Commander
# 36
10-26-2010, 04:45 PM
In my opinion, there really is no need for this poll, and I like polls, but there really is no issue with the system that Cryptic has been telling you about, it's going to work.

Go to the Dev tracker and just read every single post over the last 4 - 6 pages, which should clear everything up.

Now I'm not concerned in anyway what so ever with anything that Cryptic has described so far regarding "The Foundry (beta)", but remember, that is all just my opinion.

So please, if you will, explain to me what your concerns are?

I am actually personally interested, and getting to the root of the so called "issue" can help a great deal.
Lt. Commander
# 37
10-26-2010, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
In my opinion, there really is no need for this poll,
Thats completely fine, your more than free not to vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
So please, if you will, explain to me what your concerns are?
See my last post for one concern.
Lt. Commander
# 38
10-26-2010, 04:58 PM
I still feel that the UGC should be in the form of Holo-novels. And the computer chip containing the "holo-novel" could be shared with friends or sold on the Exchange. Having each player/ship capable of holding 3 to 4 holo-novels at a time.
Lt. Commander
# 39
10-26-2010, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
People who want "total immersion" have nothing to do with this discussion. The review system is only meant to weed out inappropriate content, not judge the story of the mission or its level of immersion. The fact that you dont even understand that only shows the problems that will arise when people such as yourself say a mission shouldnt be published for reasons that have nothing to do with the actual purpose of the review system.
yes i understand it perfectly nagus, perhaps immersion was the wrong word but let me clarify my point.

immersion is affected if you walk in and cardassians are swearing at each other. that affects immersion, it also is vulgar at the same time.
Lt. Commander
# 40
10-26-2010, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
yes i understand it perfectly nagus, perhaps immersion was the wrong word but let me clarify my point.

immersion is affected if you walk in and cardassians are swearing at each other. that affects immersion, it also is vulgar at the same time.
Are you saying Cardassians dont swear? I agree that is profanity, but I dont think that has anything to do with immersion. And the fact that we dont agree on this just goes to show how nonsensical it will be when people are saying something is inappropriate based on their own personal definition of the word.