Lt. Commander
# 51
10-26-2010, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Any player can sign up to review newly published community authored missions.

The reason we require a sign up, and have a separate EULA for this is because we believe that since STO is a family game, and inevitably someone will create content which is inappropriate, we need to provide a filter of sorts to be able to catch this sort of material.

By asking for people who are not concerned about coming across this content, but whom understand why someone's episode about [Insert your worst case scenario here] isn't healthy for the game, we can catch a large amount of this content before it is seen by those who would rather not be subjected to unvetted material.

Thanks,

Stormshade
stormshade.......Star Trek has always aired predominately in a late night time slot here in australia, your arguement is invalid

just you wait, there's going to be some seven of nine and t'pol saucy action in the sonic shower, but dw, i'll make sure its in context for the mission, broken power coupling good enough for you? :p
Lt. Commander
# 52
10-26-2010, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDK-187
stormshade.......Star Trek has always aired predominately in a late night time slot here in australia, your arguement is invalid

just you wait, there's going to be some seven of nine and t'pol saucy action in the sonic shower, but dw, i'll make sure its in context for the mission, broken power coupling good enough for you? :p
You'll end up getting flagged for using characters from the IP if you do that.
Lt. Commander
# 53
10-26-2010, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Any player can sign up to review newly published community authored missions.

The reason we require a sign up, and have a separate EULA for this is because we believe that since STO is a family game, and inevitably someone will create content which is inappropriate, we need to provide a filter of sorts to be able to catch this sort of material.

By asking for people who are not concerned about coming across this content, but whom understand why someone's episode about [Insert your worst case scenario here] isn't healthy for the game, we can catch a large amount of this content before it is seen by those who would rather not be subjected to unvetted material.

Thanks,

Stormshade
OK

A generic translation

folks that sign up to be a reviewer are volunteers that will go through it to make sure the adventure
is G rated - PG13 rated (US Movie standards) and to make sure that it is not 'vile'
nothing so adult that it could not be shown to children
no racism - unless it is "trek" racism and is a key point of the story....getting Yefthats to get allong
with andorians....or the like.
no real politics 'trek politics are ok'
no real religion ...STO is not for that
no promoting activities that are wholely unsavory...if it would make you puke, thats a clue.

That

What reviewing is not -
Checking for canon violations
Suppressing a part of the star trek universe you personally don't like ..ie I hate paklids so I will shut
....down any mission with them..
Enforcing 'true' canon over 'soft' canon
being judge jury and executioner on story quality <star system handles that>
being a perfectionist judge...that plant is partially stuck in a wall...REJECTED ! --just send the guy a note.

................all that is fine.

There needs to be a writer appeal function as well...SO if some 'reviewer'
starts over reaching the review rules, a writer can appeal to a Developer.

getting off my soap box
Lt. Commander
# 54
10-27-2010, 09:46 AM
I just want to say to anyone who has been reading and debating this with me thus far that after getting all of my concerns out on the table, I'm feeling pretty good about the proposed system, with a few suggested changes. So I guess I'm not "anti review" anymore :p
Lt. Commander
# 55
10-27-2010, 09:47 AM
I am with the Nagus on this one.
Lt. Commander
# 56
10-27-2010, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I just want to say to anyone who has been reading and debating this with me thus far that after getting all of my concerns out on the table, I'm feeling pretty good about the proposed system, with a few suggested changes. So I guess I'm not "anti review" anymore :p
Glad to see you can be reasonable.