Lt. Commander
# 11
10-26-2010, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
so whats your point then?
My point is that in STO's system, its possible some missions will never make it live. Maybe they'll be purposely ignored, or accidentally skipped over. In COH's system, at least every mission is available for play, whether it actually gets played or not.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-26-2010, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
So first it was 'the review board will be huge, theres no need to worry about missions getting reviewed', and now its 'you have to advertise your mission to everyone you know or its your fault if it doesnt get seen'?
both will apply. Many missions will be reviewed by the review board, but in order to ensure yours gets run through at least once, you will need to do a bit of advertising.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-26-2010, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClingingMars View Post
both will apply. Many missions will be reviewed by the review board, but in order to ensure yours gets run through at least once, you will need to do a bit of advertising.
So your saying that it will be impossible for a mission to get reviewed without advertising?
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Quote:
So your saying that it will be impossible for a mission to get reviewed without advertising?
I hate to say it, but that is a small price to pay to insure that what gets out to the masses is not inappropriate content. As cryptic put it.. this is a family game.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-26-2010, 04:26 PM
Quote:
My point is that in STO's system, its possible some missions will never make it live. Maybe they'll be purposely ignored, or accidentally skipped over. In COH's system, at least every mission is available for play, whether it actually gets played or not.
but every mission is available to play

sign the EAUL and go play them
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-26-2010, 04:31 PM
Quote:
If you don't advertise you take the risk of nobody playing it. Tough ****.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-26-2010, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClingingMars View Post
If you don't advertise you take the risk of nobody playing it. Tough ****.
Oh wow, you pretended to use a curse word! Your so tough!
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-26-2010, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Oh wow, you pretended to use a curse word! Your so tough!
I did not pretend, I used it. There is a filter for these forums. I will repeat myself:

If you do not take time out of your playing experience to advertise your missions in some way shape or form (UGC wiki, forums, fleet, friends, zone chat, etc), then I do not feel sorry for you when your mission does not get played.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-26-2010, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Yes, but it's a paradox. If every mission, good and bad and spamtastic gets equal promotion in the remote contact list, the good missions would be drowned out by a sea of mediocrity. This is a better system. Every mission IS available to play if you know what to search for. If you're just wanting quality and not crap, then consult the remote contact.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-26-2010, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Well, if you're too lazy to at least add your ugc mission to the geographic wiki, or tell people about it, then yeah, it won't get played, and that is your own fault for not taking 5 minutes to tell people about it.