Lt. Commander
I may get a lot of hate for saying this, but I for one LOVE the NX-01 Enterprise. I love its design and I am immensely excited at its arrival shortly. Before all this though, as so very little info about the ship has been revealed Im going to through some ideas out that I think, whatever class the ship will be, will be beneficial to the design.

For those of you who already know, in Enterprise, one of the main characteristics of the NX was its ability to Polarize its Hull. This cant be its special ability now as "Polarize Hul" is already a science power available to everyone... however

IDEA NUMBER 1:
Unique Engineering Console, "Polarized Deuridium Hull Plating"

I dont think the NX should have shields, or if it does, have them very very weak. That way you can balance the ship out by reinforcing its Hull with this Polarized Plating. Give it the ability to resist every damage type e.g. +50% Kinetic Damage Resist and +50% All Energy Damage resist.

If, and I really hope, The NX becomes a tier 2 vessel, then its Shields should NOT be the same as the Refit Connie. Instead, its hull should be strong enough so that it is relative to the combined defensive values of the Shields and Hull of the Connie.

The second of its abilities, was that it had a "Phase Cannon". It was a beam array mounted on a turret on the underside of the Saucer. It could fire in a 360' arc....}

IDEA NUMBER 2:
Unique Weapon Slot, Phase Cannon beam array

This would set it apart from the other Tier 2/3 Cruisers in that it would have an extra weapon slot. It would also make it seem a little extra special in that it had a beam array that could fire in any direction. To balance it out it should be ever so slightly weaker then a fore or aft beam array and NOT be effected by Beam Overload. If the NX is going to, as I and others have suggested, have a weaker or no Shield Array then it should have something else added to its offensive slots. Maybe as Im a tactical officer Im biased, but I would rather have a 360' beam array then a Special Hull Plating as I'd like the NX-01 to pack a punch.

It did near single handedly take out the Xindi Fleets and its Superweapon

Any thoughts anyone? I just wanted to get the ball rolling
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-09-2010, 03:50 AM
My only thought on your post:

I't was only capable of handeling the Xindi fleet, because it had support. Just 2 episodes earlier, it was nearly destroyed by 5 ships...

Good ideas thoug, but I have no well formulated opinion on the rest.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-09-2010, 05:20 AM
Lol, this is true

However I did say "Nearly Single Handidly". So... you have no thoughts on the NX class?

Anyone?
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-09-2010, 07:18 AM
My thoughts on the NX has always been that if should be a 'hard mode' Lt. ship option, similar to how the un-refit connie is the 'easy mode' option.

This makes extra sense when you remember that the unrefit connie (A 'newer' ship by 100 years over the NX) is a T1 ship and that the Refit Connie is T2. Putting the NX as a T2 option does not makes sense in that context.

As far as special abilities go, I am in general agreement with your first option though it does not need to be a console. It can just be an inherent ability the ship has like the Nebula's tachyon detection grid or the excelcior's transwarp. 50% damage resist for 1 minute with a 2 or 3 minute cooldown or something of that nature with NO SHIELDS SLOT.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-09-2010, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryulis View Post
Lol, this is true

However I did say "Nearly Single Handidly". So... you have no thoughts on the NX class?

Anyone?
so you'd rather have a NX class? when a future connie defiant in the mirror universe was just about owning every ship in the current time line?

You dont like the blue connie phasers? :p

Its the only weapon in the game i can think of, where u can use its weapons form LT -> VA.

Not including tribbles of course.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-10-2010, 02:23 AM
Quote:
so you'd rather have a NX class? when a future connie defiant in the mirror universe was just about owning every ship in the current time line?

You dont like the blue connie phasers?
I'd love to have the NX Class in game! I think its very pheasible to suspend belief enough that the Federation, specifically, Starfleet Intelligence would recommision a whole line of them as "Bait" to lure the Klingons. Bare in mind, the NX would still have a Stafleet Warp Signature.

And whose to say the NX didnt get a refit or two in its time? Just because we never saw the ship again, unless we concede that the Akira is in fact one of these "Refits"

Oh... and I LOVE the Blue retro Phasers! I have them on my Defiant Refit and Im currently kicking ass