Lt. Commander
# 1 Klingon Armor and Kit Visuals
10-26-2010, 01:36 PM
Are they ever going to get them? To me that is a major part of why Klingons feel unfinished (along with ya know.. the whole lack of content thing). I really love the armor designs you did for the Federation (Mass Effect is my favorite universe admittingly), very sleek and futuristic. The kit designs.. ehh I really liked the holographic Science ones, but the other two seemed too toyish and bulky. I'd really like to know if you have anything on the development table like this for Klingons. Obviously they wouldn't use the same designs being.. Klingon and what not but I do feel they deserve visuals.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-26-2010, 08:11 PM
I knida hated the hated the armor for the feds. It felt wrong, as almost no time in the Star trek universe did we see officers on a ship wear anything but the uniform. Plus, it lacked customization, which meant it clashed with my characters, not made them look cooler.

It would have worked better if they had put a slot to customize what armor would look like when equipped.

The one thing I did like is the kit visuals.

but that's my opinion of it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-26-2010, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota2063 View Post
I knida hated the hated the armor for the feds. It felt wrong, as almost no time in the Star trek universe did we see officers on a ship wear anything but the uniform. Plus, it lacked customization, which meant it clashed with my characters, not made them look cooler.

It would have worked better if they had put a slot to customize what armor would look like when equipped.

The one thing I did like is the kit visuals.

but that's my opinion of it.
Still it might be nice to see someday, even if it clashed with the standard klingon attire you would still have the option to "hide from costume"
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-26-2010, 11:29 PM
Aye if you hate it you can just hide it. I'm just tired of the lack of Klingon visuals.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-27-2010, 07:39 AM
Have to agree with Dakota. The heavy armour might be reasonable from a realism point of view, but it just conflicts with the classic "Trek" look. I for one am glad that the Klingon faction looks so much closer to what we have seen on-screen.

But I'm all in favor of a few more customization options and for making the kits visible, of course.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-27-2010, 08:00 AM
/signed as I will support most anything that increases the KDF depth of play.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-27-2010, 08:13 AM
Agreeing with the emerging viewpoint here. I don't especially like the armour visuals muself, but I would like to see the kits.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-27-2010, 08:34 AM
On that note, I did discover that a few armour suits actually do show up on Klingon characters (in the usual Starfleet look). I'd have to go and check in-game which it was, but ... it didn't look pretty.

Spandex Klingons ftl.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-27-2010, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
On that note, I did discover that a few armour suits actually do show up on Klingon characters (in the usual Starfleet look). I'd have to go and check in-game which it was, but ... it didn't look pretty.

Spandex Klingons ftl.
Ask and ye shall receive...
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-27-2010, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
Worse. It was my fat old Sci BO in a form-fitting grey-and-blue bodysuit.