Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
ITT: your pet hates and disappointments. One thing only.

For me;

The fact you can't teabag a shipwreck.

Go.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-27-2010, 06:50 AM
When I press a shift-num or ctrl-num hotkey (yeah, i mapped mine to shift and ctrl), i HEAR the power's audio activating, and 2 seconds later I find my shields still being pummeled.

Turns out I didn't activate the RSF after all! Quite a big "oops..." if I'm in a flimsy BoP

(grumble grumble)
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-27-2010, 07:36 AM
The current matchmaking system.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-27-2010, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWRicheson View Post
The current matchmaking system.
whats so bad about it?

it only seems like a couple of months ago that it was absolutely abysmal with 5/7 of my PvP matches having one side with at least 2 ships shorter than the other team.

sure the matches dont happen as often, but now its not one team facing off with a handicap.

my pet hate is the PvP dailies. it brought the filth that sit still or reject team invites and reduces one teams playability
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-27-2010, 08:08 AM
That when I'm clicking on buffs they didn't actually activate; they either reset on cooldown or just didn't do anything....
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-27-2010, 08:14 AM
Firing my high yield torps on a perfectly unshielded opponent, only to find that they decided not to fire at all, then going on cooldown.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-27-2010, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivar View Post
That when I'm clicking on buffs they didn't actually activate; they either reset on cooldown or just didn't do anything....
holy crap, this this this this THIS.

Especially as a healer, there is nothing more infuriating than when you properly catch a spike with a powerheal - and then watch as the target dies because the ability went on cooldown and did not activate. You caught the spike, if it wasn't for the system ****ing up then your teammate would have lived.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-27-2010, 09:00 AM
It seems a consensus is forming. I would have expected concerns about cloak, damage output, healing, science and whatnot.

Powers not firing despite clicking the button is terrible annyoing. Be it HYT, Tri-Cobalts, Engineering Teams, Aux2Sif, Polarize Hull, Evasive Maneuvers.

I didn't clik them because I felt like clicking a button. I did it to destroy somene's ship or save someone's skin (sometimes my own)!
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-27-2010, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivar View Post
This this this this this (to quote faithborn)

and a combat system that relies so much on high dammage to overcome high healing and a pre-emptive/pro-active power system that is required to stay alive long enough to fulfill a purpose in pvp combat.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-27-2010, 10:07 AM
Agreed, projectiles and abilities "misfiring" is a major, major issue, especially when it means the difference between living or dying (or scoring a kill). It would be nice if they could generally improve the responsiveness of the UI & Controls. Right now it's a utter shambles, a mess; overhaul it!