Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
10-27-2010, 10:09 AM
Many things have been said already (like the powers not firing).

So I'll add one: targeting system. Sometimes, when you press TAB it keeps switching through tiny mines and ignores the big, ginormous Negh'Var in the middle of them. And when you fire a heal for yourself, it ends up on some teammate that doesn't even need it 50% of times (and mind you, you never even targeted him/her purposedly).
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-27-2010, 10:15 AM
the vertical climb cap... spiralling in circles to get to fights 30k above your head is extremely lame

also, I want open PvP rather than isntanced. I'd like to see some 100 v 100 battles going on.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-27-2010, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mctana
I'd like to see some 100 v 100 battles going on.
LOl where you going to find 100 kdf players in open pvp, there wont be any starfleet wargames for you to fight each other in open pvp. What you might get is 500 vs 50, once tho i would have said those odds were not in your favour and you should bring more, now tho not so much
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-27-2010, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardept View Post
LOl where you going to find 100 kdf players in open pvp, there wont be any starfleet wargames for you to fight each other in open pvp. What you might get is 500 vs 50
500 vs. 50?!

Sir, this is MADNESS!

No... This... Is... Qa'plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-27-2010, 01:51 PM
pvp maps are getting boring,
I thought the button misfiring thing was just me, i hope they fix it, what an annoyance.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-27-2010, 01:55 PM
The powers not firing really bites

The worst for me is tab targeting though. It's unreliable so I try not to use it...but sometimes I think it will give me an obvious target and it doesn't. All too often, I'm facing a lone target in the middle of my screen and tab will actually select something *behind* me. Not to mention if there's one target within range and one 25km away it'll still select the target far out of range
Lt. Commander
# 17 Ya Rly
10-27-2010, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak
The powers not firing really bites

The worst for me is tab targeting though. It's unreliable so I try not to use it...but sometimes I think it will give me an obvious target and it doesn't. All too often, I'm facing a lone target in the middle of my screen and tab will actually select something *behind* me. Not to mention if there's one target within range and one 25km away it'll still select the target far out of range

ya rly. sucha hindrance to the pew
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-27-2010, 02:34 PM
Repeatedly mashing a key only to find that the skill has failed to activate (usually around the time I or someone I should have healed explodes) is, was, and perhaps always will be incredibly frustrating. Also, being that I use the NumPad to fly, instead of the mouse, tab targeting has been a big hindrance at times.

On a personal note, my own overall inconsistent performance in PvP is rather humbling. I can go from the top of the chart to the bottom in consecutive matches. I'd be perfectly happy to hover around the middle!

On a side note, LMAO @ not being able to teabag.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-27-2010, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by h3llr4iser View Post
Many things have been said already (like the powers not firing).

So I'll add one: targeting system. Sometimes, when you press TAB it keeps switching through tiny mines and ignores the big, ginormous Negh'Var in the middle of them. And when you fire a heal for yourself, it ends up on some teammate that doesn't even need it 50% of times (and mind you, you never even targeted him/her purposedly).
You can actually change both of these in the options menu, which is extremely helpful. Turn off autotarget on assist and tab targeting non-ships.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-27-2010, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWRicheson View Post
You can actually change both of these in the options menu, which is extremely helpful. Turn off autotarget on assist and tab targeting non-ships.
I originally thought that was the problem...but even with them turned off I still have issues.