Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Season 3 release is scheduled for Dec 2nd.

The Foundry specific testing and Closed Beta starts today (so check your email starting today for invites).

The rest of the Season 3 update is scheduled to hit TRIBBLE in early November. The goal is that when the Season 3 release hits TRIBBLE, the Foundry is then open for everyone to test.

Note that even at Season 3 release to Holodeck - the Foundry will stay in a Beta state.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...32#post3118932

So what do you have to do to get accepted into the closed beta?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-27-2010, 02:21 PM
wait for an email
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-27-2010, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit View Post
wait for an email
Thats assuming every single player will get one, which probably isnt the case. So the question is what do you have to do to be one of the chosen few rather than the little people who dont.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-27-2010, 02:26 PM
I read in a dev post that it is those who have been very helpful on tribble (don't quote me on this). There is no place to sign up or what ever, we can only wait an see if we get an invitation. The CB will be very short as the OB should be out in early November
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-27-2010, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James.T.Picard
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...32#post3118932

So what do you have to do to get accepted into the closed beta?
I image they've sent emails to people who've spent a lot of time playtesting on tribble and giving feedback in that forum over the last 9 months. The best chance of getting added to the Foundry beta would be to start testing on tribble and show you're actually involved and interested in testing for Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-27-2010, 02:45 PM
If you tested tribble hard core then you will get one.. if not... well... join the club.. I wasn't hard core...
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-28-2010, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit View Post
I read in a dev post that it is those who have been very helpful on tribble (don't quote me on this). There is no place to sign up or what ever, we can only wait an see if we get an invitation. The CB will be very short as the OB should be out in early November
So anyone who started playing recently has no chance?
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-28-2010, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James.T.Picard
So anyone who started playing recently has no chance?
Correct, and I see no problem with that. As a new player they would know know what to look for, nor the intricacies that have been in the game since launch.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-28-2010, 08:23 AM
After the tribble test server tribbles was put into C store i and others will never again help them on tribble.
We will just wait for the tribble to hit C store like all the rest.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-28-2010, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyyy View Post
After the tribble test server tribbles was put into C store i and others will never again help them on tribble.
We will just wait for the tribble to hit C store like all the rest.
Why are the tribbles such a big deal? The entire point of them was just as a quick thank you to those who helped test, and if you don't test (and get it free), you contribute via money. Fair and Fair.

Also, since when is it presumed that the UGC beta will have a tribble associated with it?