Lt. Commander
# 1 Genesis question
11-23-2010, 11:12 AM
Will there be more missions added for both sides? I didn't see that addressed on the Genesis article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-23-2010, 11:19 AM
there are klingon patrol missions on tribble, and a new deferi daily that you can test now and there will be third series of the featured episodes in january but there wont be any proper missions added with the launch of season 3, at least not that we have been told.

however with UGC people can create their own missions so technically there will be thousands of new missions. (some good and some bad)
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-23-2010, 11:24 AM
I thought UGC/Foundry was just going to be on Tribble as beta. Or is going to Holodeck as beta now I'm confused.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-23-2010, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
there are klingon patrol missions on tribble, and a new deferi daily that you can test now and there will be third series of the featured episodes in january but there wont be any proper missions added with the launch of season 3, at least not that we have been told.

however with UGC people can create their own missions so technically there will be thousands of new missions. (some good and some bad)
To me, the Foundry missions don't count cause usually the bad will generally outweigh the good like with most created content (IE Spore or The Sims).

I am disappoint that there will be no new missions, particularly since apparently they're never going to follow up on those Felk'ri missions then.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-23-2010, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashki
I am disappoint that there will be no new missions, particularly since apparently they're never going to follow up on those Felk'ri missions then.
Never is a long time.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-23-2010, 11:29 AM
Quote:
To me, the Foundry missions don't count cause usually the bad will generally outweigh the good like with most created content (IE Spore or The Sims).

they will be some shocking stuff but i also think there will be some truly wonderful stuff created. even if its only 1% that is considered top quality it will still be a huge number of missions.

also never is a very long time. im confident you will see missions regarding the fek'ihri again.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-23-2010, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Never is a long time.
Well, apparently that seems to be the case since no actual Klingon missions are getting added to the Genesis update.

It make no sense to end a storyline with a cliffhanger and then not follow up on it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-23-2010, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Well, apparently that seems to be the case since no actual Klingon missions are getting added to the Genesis update.

It make no sense to end a storyline with a cliffhanger and then not follow up on it.
Missions take time to write. New Klink and Fed missions can get added at any time after Season 3. It's not as though Fed players aren't wishing they had some new missions too.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-23-2010, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Missions take time to write. New Klink and Fed missions can get added at any time after Season 3. It's not as though Fed players aren't wishing they had some new missions too.
That is true, but compare how many Federation missions there are to Klingon missions, yeah, not a whole hellofa lot, most of the Klingon content is still PvPish...which I don't do cause I'm horrible at it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-23-2010, 11:35 AM
Quote:

who said they wont follow up on it? season 3 is not the end of sto. they can follow up anytime they choose to.

there are dozens of stories that need to be continued in sto. they cant do them all at once. the third featured series might focus on them for all we know.