Lt. Commander
Just a thought,

Its the only part of the game so far that has not been touched since launch. We had more content with Season 2, Season 3 has the new Sector space revamp(Which is Am-A-Zing!! good job Cryptic.) and Season 4 is mentioned to have a Ground combat revamp.

As we also got a sneak peak at the new font style with the first launch of S3 on Tribble, I was wondering if the UI will be getting a little touch up to make it a little more like the proper LCARS displays in the series, instead of being all blue.

Whats does everyone else think?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-23-2010, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainWallis View Post
Just a thought,

Its the only part of the game so far that has not been touched since launch. We had more content with Season 2, Season 3 has the new Sector space revamp(Which is Am-A-Zing!! good job Cryptic.) and Season 4 is mentioned to have a Ground combat revamp.

As we also got a sneak peak at the new font style with the first launch of S3 on Tribble, I was wondering if the UI will be getting a little touch up to make it a little more like the proper LCARS displays in the series, instead of being all blue.

Whats does everyone else think?
I think it was just a test to see people's reactions and the fact that it's gone back to the old font on Tribble when no one asked for the old font back is a sign they might not change it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-23-2010, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactrix View Post
I think it was just a test to see people's reactions and the fact that it's gone back to the old font on Tribble when no one asked for the old font back is a sign they might not change it.
I think Dsthal did say It was going to go live with Season 4 apparently. A few people mentioned that it was on tribble for testing and was pulled for a few tweaks, but I do believe it will be another feature with Season 4.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-23-2010, 04:32 AM
The font needs a lot of tweaking and the header tabs (as well as mission info window) were quite wonky with the new font.

Once they find a suitable title font for those tabs, the font was quite clean in the chat window (for example).
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-23-2010, 04:35 AM
I'm glad its coming along nicely. I realy like the new font. Makes the current font look very..."Cartoonie".
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-23-2010, 05:27 AM
There is actually some UI work being done. The new font is still on the list, but needs some more tweaking. I guess we'll see more tests with newer fonts in the future on Tribble. Personally I liked the new font, however on the long run it was a bit hard to read. I guess it should be really possible to change it a bit to make it more easy on the eyes for longer sessions.

It has also been stated that they just altered the UI technology to allow resizing the HUD elements, like the power tray. I guess we'll see some testing in the future too on Tribble. You can read about it here:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...13&postcount=5
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-24-2010, 01:03 PM
We're definitely working on some new UI stuff for you all as well. Most of this will be minor aesthetic changes. However, there's always the chance for some more serious UI tweaking as well. A great example of this is the new contact window for Season 3.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-24-2010, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
We're definitely working on some new UI stuff for you all as well. Most of this will be minor aesthetic changes. However, there's always the chance for some more serious UI tweaking as well. A great example of this is the new contact window for Season 3.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Awesome. Does this buy chance include some more "realistic" looking LCARS display colours. But I welcome any changes realy. Bring them on.