Lt. Commander
# 11
04-28-2009, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Starfleet Intelligence recommends that the Federation keep a close eye on activities of the Orion Syndicate. A multi-year crackdown on criminal activity in the Alpha and Beta Quadrants has been successful in curbing the threat of the Syndicate for Federation citizens, but on Stardate 64163.8 Hassan the Undying assassinates top Syndicate boss Raimus on Farius Prime.
Yes, join us! Grow tired of your Federation oppressors and seek freedom (to serve the Klingon Empire).
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-28-2009, 06:35 PM
All movies and TV shows are considered canon, by CBS' definition (which is the only one that matters). Nice job reconciling ST XI and STO.

My heart too bleeds for them... ah, wait a minute...

In any event, I am sure the Romulans and Vulcans will eventually reunite In some future reality.
Lt. Commander
# 13 You Maniacs! You blew it up!
04-28-2009, 06:38 PM
While I applaud tying the game in with the new movie I'm rather disappointed that this is used and everything else is tied to the TNG/DS9/VOY line. The new uniforms and bridge design are "another lifetime" away from TOS and it would be nice to see strong progressive strides to patching that style into the future Starfleet you're creating.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-28-2009, 06:45 PM
Wow. I hate JJ Abrams even more now and I never thought it possable...

I guess this explains why Spocks back in the past, romulans aren't playable at launch, and the alliance with romulus is more or less dissolved.

But seriusly, this isn't the kinda ground break change (no pun intended) you do to a series like this the first time someone lets you make a Star Trek movie.

At least it's not all filled from a camera mounted in Scotty's head or something like that.

Great update BTW! I still can't wait for STO and I still CAN waith for the new Trek movie! Just please PLEASE if Abrams shows up at the studio don't let him in.

Keep up the good work guys!
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-28-2009, 06:46 PM
still bring 8472 into the news :O i wanna know if theyve decided to "infiltrate" starfleet
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-28-2009, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
While I applaud tying the game in with the new movie I'm rather disappointed that this is used and everything else is tied to the TNG/DS9/VOY line. The new uniforms and bridge design are "another lifetime" away from TOS and it would be nice to see strong progressive strides to patching that style into the future Starfleet you're creating.
The "Path to..." series takes place in the existing timeline from ENT, TOS, TAS, TNG, DS9 and VOY. There's nothing really for Cryptic to bridge. They're just following what is already out there.
Lt. Commander
# 17
Also does this mean that Romulans will be ridgeless?
Lt. Commander
# 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo999 View Post
still bring 8472 into the news :O i wanna know if theyve decided to "infiltrate" starfleet
They are in-game and have already infiltrated the Federation, this was the content of one mission that Game Informer Magazine saw being played and reported on it last September.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-28-2009, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
Also does this mean that Romulans will be ridgeless?
STO takes place in the TNG Timeline.
The new film takes place in an alternate timeline.
So,the Romulans would appear as they have in the regular Star Trek Universe
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-28-2009, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Padre View Post
They are in-game and have already infiltrated the Federation, this was the content of one mission that Game Informer Magazine saw being played and reported on it last September.
Excellent.. now i just need to keep begging to play as one and maybe i'll get lucky reality will most likely say otherwise but theres no harm in trying