Lt. Commander
# 461
05-21-2009, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeRhamme View Post
We still have 22 years of info to go So we do not know what will go on in 2388 to 2409
now do we?
Actually, in this respect, we do. Why? Because Cryptic has already stated that they consider the movies canon. That means that according to what they consider canon, Romulus is gone in STO's timeline. They arent going to contradict canon by bringing it back. The only way they would have justification for doing that is if another ST movie were made in the ORIGINAL timeline that somehow brought the planet back.
Lt. Commander
# 462
05-21-2009, 12:41 PM
2388 2388 2388 where are you??
Lt. Commander
# 463
05-21-2009, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Actually, in this respect, we do. Why? Because Cryptic has already stated that they consider the movies canon. That means that according to what they consider canon, Romulus is gone in STO's timeline. They arent going to contradict canon by bringing it back. The only way they would have justification for doing that is if another ST movie were made in the ORIGINAL timeline that somehow brought the planet back.
One could only have hoped.O well When the game comes out I will be one mad as hell Romulan.
And I know all the Romulans are not happy with Crptic
Lt. Commander
# 464
05-21-2009, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravain View Post
2388 2388 2388 where are you??
O please Klingon you know the time is in now 2387 and then 2388 !:p
Lt. Commander
# 465
05-21-2009, 12:53 PM
Romulan Empire.....
We can rebuild them
Stronger.....
Faster......
Better...

The 66 Million Dollar Romulan!
Lt. Commander
# 466 A New Romulus Option?
05-21-2009, 12:54 PM
How can one agree so much with Grand Nagus.. and still love Romulans.. Logic..

A Fair example of the two edged sword Canon is.

The Compromise scenario then? A different case study from the Klingon disaster one.

But none the less a Canon disaster.

Could lead to a DEV TM direction which re-constitutes a Hybrid "Future" Romulan Government.
A Government more open to Vulcan influence.

The existing political intrigue of the Praetors demise.. Speaks to the chance for a covert revenge motive based in the laps of the Tal'Shair or the discredited Sela..
In the quasi -Stalinist type purge the Empire had begun to unravel Royals against Cromwellians.

The great Empire implodes political and feeds on its own liver. Opening the door for factions in the Far provinces that were suppressed by a strong central government. Like a Yeltsin populist party candidate.

The DEV TM Can time line or Web a great many plot lines off of the last Path to on the Conference room whiteboard.. or a Computer aided Overhead transparency.. and see what is acceptable to the CBS embeaded liason officer.

Jolan Tru
SB

Ein volk ein Romulan..
Lt. Commander
# 467
05-21-2009, 01:00 PM
they will survive
Lt. Commander
# 468
05-21-2009, 01:57 PM
Quote:
The movie IS canon, regardless of whether the people in this thread consider it so or not.

All you need to know.

NOTHING, I repeat, NOTHING is changed. The new movie takes place in an ALTERNATE timeline that COEXISTS with the old one. The old timeline is NOT changed, so the Vulcan in the old timeline CONTINUES to exist. And since STO takes place in the original timeline, NOTHING that happened in the new movie's timeline effects STO.

Please dont take my liberal use of caps to mean I am yelling at you, I just like to "emphasise" the important words
Exactly, I wish people would just understand that fact. That STO will mostly likely take place in the Original timeline, not the new JJ Abrams timeline.
Lt. Commander
# 469
05-21-2009, 02:02 PM
Quote:
If your talking about 'saving your homeworld' as far as STO is concerned, NOTHING Spock does in the ALTERNATE timeline has ANY effect on the OLD timeline, which is the timeline STO takes place in. In STO's timeline, Romulus/Remus is GONE, and that isnt going to change.
Well technically, the Hobus supernova would still occur in the Alternate Reality too, it just hasn't happened yet, because it is an event that will transpire some 140 years from the date of the New Movie. It may be an alternate reality/timeline, but the events that link the realities together are still physically the same. I.E. a dying star.

So... Romulus and Remus will likely be destroyed again in the new timeline aswell, unless Paramount decides to keep them around maybe.

Alternate Reality or Timeline, does not imply alternate spacial physics. A star will still die regardless of the events going around it.

-avery
Lt. Commander
# 470
05-21-2009, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreshjedi View Post
Well technically, the Hobus supernova would still occur in the Alternate Reality too, it just hasn't happened yet, because it is an event that will transpire some 140 years from the date of the New Movie. It may be an alternate reality/timeline, but the events that link the realities together are still physically the same. I.E. a dying star.

So... Romulus and Remus will likely be destroyed again in the new timeline aswell, unless Paramount decides to keep them around maybe.

Alternate Reality or Timeline, does not imply alternate spacial physics. A star will still die regardless of the events going around it.

-avery
Oh, I agree. The same event WOULD occur, were it not prevented. However, since Old Spock is in the alternate universe approximately one hundred years before it would happen, it is quite likely that he would be able to make the advance preperations needed to stop it from happening. Perhaps it could even be a way that the Federation and Romulans of the alternate realities become "friends"(note the parentheses=P).