Lt. Commander
# 41
04-28-2009, 06:08 PM
I am floored. I was betting strongly that Cryptic would preserve Romulus and Remus.

Wow.

There's really no telling where the story can go from here. The Star Trek universe, not just Star Trek Online, has been changed forever.
Lt. Commander
# 42
04-28-2009, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topekaguy1988 View Post
What I mean is from the perspective of CBS and Cryptic it was going to happen all along. If they would of went in a totally different direction that would of been foolish and confusing.
Yes,, how can STO survive without incorporating badly written comic book lore? :p
Lt. Commander
# 43
So cryptic went with the Countdown storyline, this should be interresting. Good read though
Lt. Commander
# 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinC-UFPForces-Cardassia View Post
I am floored. I was betting strongly that Cryptic would preserve Romulus and Remus.

Wow.

There's really no telling where the story can go from here. The Star Trek universe, not just Star Trek Online, has been changed forever.
I tend to disagree.
The Romulan Empire is crippled,but the rest of the Universe goes on as it was.
Its like what happened to the Klingon Empire in The Undiscovered Country,except more severe.
Lt. Commander
# 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSky579
wow.....just....Wow!

The landscape has changed big time...i wonder how many Romulans are left out there now?

Great Writing, Cryptic!
thats good question i hope the Romulans the ones left over give starfleet what teck the have and we start to se some cross over starfleet/romulan ships massive ships whit cloaking device and those
Lt. Commander
# 46
04-28-2009, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by osena View Post
thats good question i hope the Romulans the ones left over give starfleet what teck the have and we start to se some cross over starfleet/romulan ships massive ships whit cloaking device and those
look at it this way.. the romulan federation treatys have ended.. no more anti cloak treaty. now we can go to Quonos, Kronos, Klingon Noob spawn world and bombard the **** out of it.
Lt. Commander
# 47
04-28-2009, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarnova View Post
"Starfleet sends all available ships into the Romulan Star Empire to help with recovery efforts."

I didn't like that quote. What recovery efforts? Romulus and Remus are both completely destroyed. You're not going to find injured people or people in space suits among the Romulus & Remus flotsam being able to survive complete planetary destruction.

Or maybe Starfleet was helping to establish continuity of Romulan government, but even that seems unlikely.

The only people requiring aid are those who may have been in their starships near Romulus when Hobus Star went nova and tried to get away only to get caught in the destructive wake of the shockwave. Even that seems unlikely, as the shockwave can destroy entire planets forget vulnerable space ships.
Well the first point is Starfleet in the Countdown comic sent ships to help out before the star exploded. However with that amount of destruction there's bound to be debris that could pound surrounding star systems and starships pretty bad. Also when Praxis exploded the shockwave caused severe damage to Qo'nos' ozone layer, it is possible residual energy from this event may have caused something similar to those surround star systems habitable planets.
Lt. Commander
# 48
04-28-2009, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinC-UFPForces-Cardassia View Post

Wow.

On the surface perhaps, but then you have to remember that this will only be as devestating as the writers want it to be. One one hand you could say the homeworld(s) were destroyed and the Empire is now crippled. On the other, you could say that there are plenty of colony worlds that survived, not to mention the majority of the Romulan navy. Its all how they want to play it.
Lt. Commander
# 49
04-28-2009, 06:13 PM
wow great tie-in to the movie with this one i've read the three comics so im glad they tied it into this date and can't wait to read up on what happends when the next year comes out
Lt. Commander
# 50
04-28-2009, 06:13 PM
I'm impressed with the tie in to the new additions to the Trek canon.