Lt. Commander
# 51
04-28-2009, 06:14 PM
The Romulans will survive. If you follow the dev's twitters then you can see they have been working on plenty of Romulan content. The Path shows that Sela and a small fleet went off into unexplored space before it happens. She'll be back.
Lt. Commander
# 52
04-28-2009, 06:15 PM
And STXI is officially canon.
Lt. Commander
# 53
04-28-2009, 06:15 PM
The Romulans never had it easy, rest in peace those who perished. May the empire live on forever
Lt. Commander
# 54
04-28-2009, 06:16 PM
I think a "rebuilding of the empire" type central story would suit a Romulan based expansion nicely.
Lt. Commander
# 55
04-28-2009, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagerbolt View Post
The Romulans will survive. If you follow the dev's twitters then you can see they have been working on plenty of Romulan content. The Path shows that Sela and a small fleet went off into unexplored space before it happens. She'll be back.
I see this as an opportunity to make the Romulans a deeper and more interesting race,and returning their more honorable roots(like The Romulan Commanders from TOS)
They will definitely be back,and I look forward to what Cryptic has in store for the Empire.
Lt. Commander
# 56
04-28-2009, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47Wasps View Post
STO takes place in the TNG Timeline.
The new film takes place in an alternate timeline.
So,the Romulans would appear as they have in the regular Star Trek Universe
Sorry, but you are wrong. STO takes place in the same "reality" as Nemesis. Nero came from the same "reality" as Nemesis(8 years after, to be exact). The fact that Nero doesnt have ridges is either a biological difference, or a screw up on JJ's part. Either way, STO, Nero, and Nemesis are all from the same reality.
Lt. Commander
# 57
04-28-2009, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by osena View Post
thats good question i hope the Romulans the ones left over give starfleet what teck the have and we start to se some cross over starfleet/romulan ships massive ships whit cloaking device and those
We shall see, but i kind of doubt that the Romulans are going to join or try to help the fed. We've already had plenty of twitter comments about story arcs involving the 'crafty' romulans. There is still 22 years until 2409 so the Romulans could come back in a major way by the time STO comes out.

The past two path updates have been stellar. The writing quality has been great and they have been very informative. I just hope they can start coming out with this kind of info for the actual game sometime soon
Lt. Commander
# 58
04-28-2009, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Sorry, but you are wrong. STO takes place in the same "reality" as Nemesis. Nero came from the same "reality" as Nemesis(8 years after, to be exact). The fact that Nero doesnt have ridges is either a biological difference, or a screw up on JJ's part. Either way, STO, Nero, and Nemesis are all from the same reality.
Well,thats what I meant.
(Didn't the two of us discuss this once?)
Nero is the link between the two timelines,and the creator of the new one.
Lt. Commander
# 59
04-28-2009, 06:19 PM
YES YES YES one more step on the road to STO
Lt. Commander
# 60
04-28-2009, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47Wasps View Post
I see this as an opportunity to make the Romulans a deeper and more interesting race,and returning their more honorable roots(like The Romulan Commanders from TOS)
They will definitely be back,and I look forward to what Cryptic has in store for the Empire.
Also maybe they'll integrate the Remans into their society more, they can't afford not to now and it would give their military a much needed, visibly aggressive edge.