Lt. Commander
# 21
11-01-2010, 02:16 PM
I wish there would be an option to actually make what you do have consequences on your character.
For instance you kill the delegation in a first contact mission and you get punished, you broker peace between two enemy faction and you get rewarded.

We've seen missions already in the game who have had dialogue that have given us the impression that it would have consequences on which road we decided to travel, but they didn't.

We need an option to make decisions matter.
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-01-2010, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simale
I wish there would be an option to actually make what you do have consequences on your character.
For instance you kill the delegation in a first contact mission and you get punished, you broker peace between two enemy faction and you get rewarded.

We've seen missions already in the game who have had dialogue that have given us the impression that it would have consequences on which road we decided to travel, but they didn't.

We need an option to make decisions matter.
yeah me too, right from the beta of this game I always hoped to see consequences of indivuals actions down the line creating various paths/stories/reactions. I remember too also wanting : 2000 players do a quest..that involves the political canon of the game. the highest percentage of players actions(say %68 of players chose "option B" ) would have an effect on the evolviing plot of the game as a whole and mission developement and all that comes with it would be affected or "bent" as a result of mass player activity. it sounds complicated..but really the quests would just feed a database that would then be used by the devs when making certain missions/sectors/storylines.

Still something that some peeps may not realise..in creation(programming springs to mind) it's often not about the amount of features you have in your toolset. But instead it's about taking that toolset and doing things and emulating thnings and creating tools or misdirecting people enoug to make things happen that were not intended or provided for in the original tooleset. It's not just the creation of story...it's using the tools you are given in a creative way...hell might even give the devs a suprise

I dont see a reaosn why in some smaller scale we cant cant evolve or create certain stories over time with the foundary..even if it is a well made illusion..