Lt. Commander
# 131
11-17-2010, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
I like the way you think!
Dan, mind taking look at my ESD Proposal?

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=189098

I have an idea that the Space Doors on the old ESD can be functional with the sliding door tech the team implemented with the new content.
Lt. Commander
# 132
11-17-2010, 01:50 AM
All I'm saying is that I hope it's less of a fleet action and more of an Open PvP match to destroy or defend the station based on your faction.

For repeatable raids, a fleet action makes sense but the big reveal should be an open PvP instance to reward the diligence of Klingon players who really haven't had a PvP experience - despite allegedly being a PvP faction.
Lt. Commander
# 133
11-17-2010, 02:19 AM
In Everquest we did have GM Events between the Good and Evil factions, so instead of having it as a Raid it be simply a GM event at certain times and Federation players defend the Starbase in their various instances.

Cryptic analyze the outcome and the average result is the changes that occurs.
Lt. Commander
# 134
11-17-2010, 02:22 AM
Then why not make the potential ESD FA run like DS9, upon arrival there's the option to either engage in the conflict, which personally I'd like to see be both Space and Ground, like Starbase 24. Or you can enter system and use as normal but ESD would obviously look different, either partly destroyed or the new space Mushroom?

Frankly, I retract my previous statement. THIS would be more exciting then Utopia Planetia... Especially if done right
Lt. Commander
# 135
11-17-2010, 03:38 AM
I have mixed feeling about this ...

1.- Having the klingon force attacking Earth everyday (or running around it to enter the zone) seems very out of canon to me. You dont usually see klingon warships around Earth. Same would go for feds around Qonos.

2.- If this ends up being a fleet action for klingons, it would suck for new players to have missed it.

So what are the possible solutions.

1.- Skip the fleet action and make it a PvP event for a weekend, similar to what CoH did for launch with the devs playing as the enemies at some times of the day. This would be my prefered option.

2.- Make the fleet action for klingons, but only attach it to Earth for a weekend, then add it to the replay mission console at captains room for everyone. Or make one of the rooms in ships a Holodeck, where you can put this now, and any future events of this kind later.
Lt. Commander
# 136
11-17-2010, 03:43 AM
Quote:
We were talking today about turning it into a new Fleet Action for Season 4 so the KDF can have a glorious attack on Earth (I mean if they can make it to SB 24, and then Utopia Planetia - how much longer till they blow up ESD??). The Feds need better defenses if they expect to protect Earth!
I don't care if Klingons attacking Earth every day makes sense or not. This sounds really awesome. Can't wait to see the new ESD fed side and can't wait to blow the current one up kdf side!
Lt. Commander
# 137
11-17-2010, 04:17 AM
Quote:
The current interior will be positioned in the stem of the mushroom. If and when we add the interior docking bay viewing lounge it will be on a floor above the current ESD.
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 138
11-17-2010, 05:53 AM
Quote:
I like the way you think!
I could also see this as being STO's first big live event. We could have a few of the new weekly quests leading up to this moment, on both sides. Then, select a date and time, for the actual live event!!
Lt. Commander
# 139
11-17-2010, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redleader View Post
I have mixed feeling about this ...

1.- Having the klingon force attacking Earth everyday (or running around it to enter the zone) seems very out of canon to me. You dont usually see klingon warships around Earth. Same would go for feds around Qonos.

2.- If this ends up being a fleet action for klingons, it would suck for new players to have missed it.

So what are the possible solutions.

1.- Skip the fleet action and make it a PvP event for a weekend, similar to what CoH did for launch with the devs playing as the enemies at some times of the day. This would be my prefered option.

2.- Make the fleet action for klingons, but only attach it to Earth for a weekend, then add it to the replay mission console at captains room for everyone. Or make one of the rooms in ships a Holodeck, where you can put this now, and any future events of this kind later.
Or they could make it a standard event for the time being and, once the event has ended, hook it up to mission replay or the Guardian of Forever as something players can go back and continue to experience.
Lt. Commander
# 140
11-17-2010, 06:28 AM
I'm bumping this, solely because I think this would make STO epic!