Lt. Commander
Just wondering if this might even be possible...

I was thinking how neat it could be to have my Federation Sci officer change over to Klingon faction once the Klingon Sci Ship comes out next week...

I figured that it could be a pay-for service through the C-Store, like the Respec service.

I am not sure if it is even possible, but it might be...I could play my Fed as a renegade who joined the Empire....that might be sort of cool....

Ah well. Just a thought. My main characters are all on the Klingon side...but I don't have a Klingon Sci officer. Just a Tac and and Engineer...
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-27-2010, 04:24 PM
*gets out the popcorn and awaits knee-jerk KDF response*
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-27-2010, 05:29 PM
LOL!

I hope that there is no knee-jerk reaction...

Actually, considering that Klingon numbers are a bit lower than Fed numbers (understatement of the decade) I would think that the KDF would welcome this as an opportunity for new recruits...

Better yet...make the transfer one-way...once you go to another faction, you cannot switch back....
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-27-2010, 05:33 PM
I think it would be ok but only if Human and Vulcan characters were excluded from this. The other races are not as directly tied into the federation as these two are, and so a renegade wouldn't be quite so... unusual. However a Renagade Human in the KDF would not likely have survived very long, and it is doubtful any Vulcan would do go Renegade.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-27-2010, 05:35 PM
To clarify, are you proposing treason or simply rerolling a Klingon at the existing rank of your fed char?
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-27-2010, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobeleca
To clarify, are you proposing treason or simply rerolling a Klingon at the existing rank of your fed char?
Exchange Student, much like when Riker traded places with that Klingon once. THAT would be cool to do, except make it permanent.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-27-2010, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonwindspirit
Exchange Student, much like when Riker traded places with that Klingon once. THAT would be cool to do, except make it permanent.
The federation wasn't at war with the klingon empire when that exchange was made. Not very likely to happen during war time. so if you want to keep it the same character, you are indeed proposing treason.

These nice security guards would like to have a word with you.:p
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-27-2010, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ertwin View Post
The federation wasn't at war with the klingon empire when that exchange was made. Not very likely to happen during war time. so if you want to keep it the same character, you are indeed proposing treason.

These nice security guards would like to have a word with you.:p
*Steals Nebula class Starship and hands it over to the Klingons*

Wut? Me worry?
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-28-2010, 03:27 AM
Good point about the Humans and Vulcans...

Perhaps if the idea gains traction, it should be limited to Alien and Borg characters only?

And no...not treason LOL. How about freedom of choice? Actually...and to be candid...leveling a new Klingon Sci charactor just does not appeal to me....so yes, I am looking for a shortcut...

Ah well. Maybe I should just invest the time. Not like I have done it twice before or anything
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-28-2010, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTempest
Good point about the Humans and Vulcans...

Perhaps if the idea gains traction, it should be limited to Alien and Borg characters only?

And no...not treason LOL. How about freedom of choice? Actually...and to be candid...leveling a new Klingon Sci charactor just does not appeal to me....so yes, I am looking for a shortcut...

Ah well. Maybe I should just invest the time. Not like I have done it twice before or anything
A human could be an nth-generation immigrant on a Klingon colony world from back during the peace, a Vulcan could go over to the Empire's side because the evidence they've witnessed logically dictates that the Federation is compromised, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobeleca
Well, I would be. Or in the case of a starting character, that would be one possible background (RP-wise, not really necessary to reflect in game content).

One nation's vile traitor is another nation's valiant defector, after all.

I'm surprised there's been no backlash to this. When I proposed cross-faction species availability, people started complaining about the loss of KDF 'uniqueness'. Maybe they've realised that's a self-defeating view and that repurposing KDF-primary assets for sale outside the KDF would actually give the bean counters incentive to allocate a genuine push of funds to round them out.

I'm guessing it's really just because everyone's too busy going WTF at Champs' new f2p model, though.
Closed Thread