Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
10-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_Steve View Post
And crying about it is going to make it come faster. This game was, from the word go, designed as a Federation game. Don't get me wrong, I have a KDF character I have spent a fair bit of time in and the constant grinding and lack of content gets to me at times, but that is what it is. They said from the word go the Federation would take priority over the Klingon faction and that is what they are doing. Delays happen in regards to coding and design all the time. I know this all to well as I do web sites fairly regularly and I know how things can be going great for a long period of time and then one little thing holds everything up and delays happen.

In short, while I understand your frusteration, please please please drop the childish whining. It does not help your case in any way and just makes you look (in my opinion) desperate for attention.
You might call it whining i call it voicing my disapointment of yet annother delay, i think i have been more than patient with them, remember the new Klingon ships were origionaly slted for end of august, then it was October 10th, then November 3-6th and now November 11th and even later for one of them...in this ammount of time the federation has had 5 new ships with more due soon.
The majority of us don't expect to ever be on par with the federation..what we do expect is to be trearted fairly and not be constntly told to wait just a bit longer for things that we were promised months ago while we see federation players getting new ship after new ship.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
10-28-2010, 03:16 PM
>>The Nausicaan ship ... it is going to be closer to December when this ship hits Holodeck.

Aaaaaarrrrrggggghhhh!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
10-28-2010, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by specter22
You might call it whining i call it voicing my disapointment of yet annother delay, i think i have been more than patient with them, remember the new Klingon ships were origionaly slted for end of august, then it was October 10th, then November 3-6th and now November 11th and even later for one of them...in this ammount of time the federation has had 5 new ships with more due soon.
The majority of us don't expect to ever be on par with the federation..what we do expect is to be trearted fairly and not be constntly told to wait just a bit longer for things that we were promised months ago while we see federation players getting new ship after new ship.
Last time I checked they were not promising release dates, but rather giving their best estimates. If I am wrong please show me where they promised a release date to anyone for the ships?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
10-28-2010, 03:29 PM
I think the Delays are that alot of these are new ships not just refits, so they have to do more graphical work.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
10-28-2010, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_Steve View Post
And crying about it is going to make it come faster. This game was, from the word go, designed as a Federation game. Don't get me wrong, I have a KDF character I have spent a fair bit of time in and the constant grinding and lack of content gets to me at times, but that is what it is. They said from the word go the Federation would take priority over the Klingon faction and that is what they are doing. Delays happen in regards to coding and design all the time. I know this all to well as I do web sites fairly regularly and I know how things can be going great for a long period of time and then one little thing holds everything up and delays happen.

In short, while I understand your frusteration, please please please drop the childish whining. It does not help your case in any way and just makes you look (in my opinion) desperate for attention.
A whine about whine....

How Original......

I did find some of it comical though - designed as a Federation Game - you need to do some research.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
10-29-2010, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Latest Information here:
1) http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...9&postcount=17
2) http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...1&postcount=18


So Nov3rd-6th seems more like it will be the Tribble release date, if things work out.
Seriously? Sigh. Another push-back. Oh, well. Delays happen, but this is getting ridiculous.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
10-29-2010, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpieri View Post
According to the Calendar they should be available around Nov. 3rd - 6th. Which leads me to point out there is very little time for us to play with them on the test shard, provide feedback, or have any kind of dialogue regarding them or should we be expecting another delay, or another Kar'Fi incident?
What they BETTER be doing is making sure they work, and that since the Art department asked for more time, we darn well BETTER be getting more than the 1 stock option when we receive that new ship. We better have some good powers on those lvl 51 ships..I aint flying a redressed NPC ship into fed space with the stock option body and paint WITH no unique power...The feds will be all scratching their heads wondering where this little ugly NPC ship came from, and laugh at the fact is such a ghetto ship (I'm using the modern slang for what the kids call such things of course...lol) for not having any unique ability except for crapping itself and cloaking.

Oh, note to the devs...what were you thinking including the variant as a c-store option? You angered alot of Klingons...I sure hipe you don't try that mistake again...We'll pay for cool...don't get me wrong, but give us options so we don't ALL LOOK THE SAME !!!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
10-29-2010, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
What they BETTER be doing is making sure they work, and that since the Art department asked for more time, we darn well BETTER be getting more than the 1 stock option when we receive that new ship. We better have some good powers on those lvl 51 ships..I aint flying a redressed NPC ship into fed space with the stock option body and paint WITH no unique power...The feds will be all scratching their heads wondering where this little ugly NPC ship came from, and laugh at the fact is such a ghetto ship (I'm using the modern slang for what the kids call such things of course...lol) for not having any unique ability except for crapping itself and cloaking.

Oh, note to the devs...what were you thinking including the variant as a c-store option? You angered alot of Klingons...I sure hipe you don't try that mistake again...We'll pay for cool...don't get me wrong, but give us options so we don't ALL LOOK THE SAME !!!!!!!!!!
Doubtful - any new skins they expect us to pay for them - while the Feds get several variants at no cost. Just look at the Vor'Cha refit.

We still have no info on stats, bo layouts, powers, etc..I doubt they'll even ask for our feedback like they do with the Federation ships. Not only on that, they have already showed their lack of communication with the proposed classes. Gorn - Science Ship - Orion - Cruiser. Maybe that web based star trek game will better then the mediocrity that Cryptic is striving for.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
10-29-2010, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpieri View Post
Doubtful - any new skins they expect us to pay for them - while the Feds get several variants at no cost. Just look at the Vor'Cha refit.

We still have no info on stats, bo layouts, powers, etc..I doubt they'll even ask for our feedback like they do with the Federation ships. Not only on that, they have already showed their lack of communication with the proposed classes. Gorn - Science Ship - Orion - Cruiser. Maybe that web based star trek game will better then the mediocrity that Cryptic is striving for.
Yup, as you said, doubtful...I still see no reason why they have to take more time to work on something that we get 1 and ONLY 1 variant for...Do they all want us to look like the NPC's have taken over the skies at Qo'Nos, flying the new ships as it were? I am not going to use a gorn ship if it looks like crud, nor any other ship. I as well don't feel we should have to pay for a variant of a ship that should come with a ship..I mean really.....if it looks cool and obscenely wicked...then put that one on the C-Store and place the runner-ups in the game as alternative skins...But I forgot...they don't do that...Oh, I also forgot...they don't test multiple parts w/ multiple combinations before they ship it out...after all, this is the KDF side, and we don't need fine touches anyway...Not like the icon in the UI denoting our ship needs to be accurate...or the ship shields need to go all the way around the ship....

*sigh*...my patience wore thin long ago...I say get out the tar and feathers if they screw this up...And by that I mean no variants for free, all in c-store instead; no special powers; and terribly done artwork...

It's almost funny how the devs avoid answering questions flat out...Now I know how reporters feel when interviewing politicans.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20 C-Store purchase options
10-31-2010, 09:10 PM
Depending on how interesting these ships are, I may wish to acquire them.

But how are we to obtain them ingame?

I used up my one token for that Kar'Fi carrier and don't wish to do emblem farming just to "experiment with new ships".

Like the Federation Refits, are we going to be able to buy these new ships via the C-Store?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:08 PM.