Lt. Commander
# 31
10-29-2010, 05:19 PM
Well, if no one has any objections (if you do keep them to yourself) im going to start the undine war by blowing up vulcan jk

im not sure... i'll focus on the Undine and Terran Empire.
Lt. Commander
# 32
10-29-2010, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
Well, if no one has any objections (if you do keep them to yourself) im going to start the undine war by blowing up vulcan jk

im not sure... i'll focus on the Undine and Terran Empire.
Knock yourself out there
Just remember, vulcan will still be there when your done. LOL reminds me of hitchhikers guide
to the galaxy....just have white mice pay to have it rebuilt :p

For me, as a learning project I will construct the Klingon Tutorial, it will cover everything the
Fed one has, but in Klingon fashon...and a Klingon style background.
Lt. Commander
# 33
10-29-2010, 08:33 PM
First 5 missions are going to be Klingon Based. I already made that promise and I shall keep it.
Lt. Commander
# 34
10-29-2010, 09:23 PM
Genocide - and your character's (unintentional) involvement in it, triggering a chase across the known galaxy in a fit of vengence.

I've got it all written out already

oh and if cryptic lets me....

"oh yes, there will be blood"
Lt. Commander
# 35
10-29-2010, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominick-Kane View Post
Genocide - and your character's (unintentional) involvement in it, triggering a chase across the known galaxy in a fit of vengence.

I've got it all written out already

oh and if cryptic lets me....

"oh yes, there will be blood"
Actually in a very similar vein to what I had in mind, although more along the lines of encountering and stopping it.

Another thing that I swear is that I will, if at all possible, NEVER, EVER, EVER put any anomalies in my missions. They are nothing but a nuisance.
Lt. Commander
# 36
10-30-2010, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpell
Actually in a very similar vein to what I had in mind, although more along the lines of encountering and stopping it.

Another thing that I swear is that I will, if at all possible, NEVER, EVER, EVER put any anomalies in my missions. They are nothing but a nuisance.
Huh. I'd be interested to know if we can. It seems that that could lead to a whole new type of farming content.
Lt. Commander
# 37
10-30-2010, 01:08 AM
lots and lots of scanning mission that will be cool
Lt. Commander
# 38
10-30-2010, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeboboy View Post
lots and lots of scanning mission that will be cool
Careful. Keep talking like that and Cryptic might offer you a job.
Lt. Commander
# 39
10-30-2010, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpell

I MIGHT put a few of the little buggers ....if there is a good reason

part of the storyline or maybe as a red hering...and such

never just GP, they should have a reason to be there.

However, I might stick a few in here and there for Klingons....if thier usual sources
for that stuff is bleak

I generally don't play Klingon but I feel thier pain and want to help they as best I can as a writer
Lt. Commander
# 40
10-30-2010, 03:47 PM
At first i am going to try and keep my missions self containted stories that are very trek. But at first I want to stay away from any of the backstory to STO or any recent stories. I am going to be learning a lot and if i was to try and relate to a backsotry of the game, i feel at the early stages like I would easily trip over the games "canon" and make sub par missons as a result. So i am hoping to make things in my first missons new stories, with new characters in very small episode format..the best way I can liken it is to say that I am writing a star trek book rather than an episode. I think that kind of explains it lol.

But really it's all so new I am not sure on anyting yet. I would be nice to have various paths..to work on different projects at once. So I could work (on one path or project or timeline whichever you prefer) with one set of my own chatacers, so I could character buiild as I create missions for project "x" and if it works out and those characters flesh out..and if people like them. Then I would make totally new missions/characters in between. but i would keep coming back to "project x" everytime i thought of a relevent mission and character developement for that project. My hope would be that people might remember those characters and if they enjoy the stories/identify with the stories/characters. Then they might want to keep track of those characters in future mission. hell if it really went that well(and yes im jumping the gun big time here!) other people could take those charcaters and do something with them..to give them the variety seldom achieved with just one person writing.