Lt. Commander
# 21
10-29-2010, 05:57 PM
How about this. We just create two pvp queue's. One pays emblems as an award, one doesn't.

Problem solved, move on.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-29-2010, 07:07 PM
I'm not sure how exactly that helps. Before we move on, let's get a better idea of what you are talking about, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-29-2010, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I'm not sure how exactly that helps. Before we move on, let's get a better idea of what you are talking about, lol.
NO no this makes sense.... one que will have all of us that like to play. The other will have 5 man teams sitting at the spawns arguing about who is going to have to go and do the killing. LOL
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-29-2010, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I think they should keep all the ways you can get your dailies (PvE, Fleet Actions, PvP, etc) but make it so that you can only get the emblem reward from one of those things per day. You decide if you get your emblems from PvP or PvE and that's that. Increase the reward per day or reduce the cost per item, but maybe then people won't polute PvP.
The main problem with this idea is that getting the emblems through PvP is still faster. Just join an Arena, full impulse 15 times against the enemy, and bingo, emblems for 3 minutes of "effort" - and yes I HAVE seen this happen. The kicker? I have even seen it in the Klingon side, and the looser had the gall to say "I don't like PvP ok? I am just here to get my (whatever it was, forget exactly what he said)"

It isn't until you make the reward significantly lower than just PvEing, unless you win, that people will choose PvE when they have no interest in PvP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
I definately would go for the split reward system. i'd suggest 1 Emblem for 3 matches played, 6 emblems for 3 matches won. This would make the number of emblems given out approx the same as today, since half of the queue signups would not yield any reward. (the loosing side).
I could see this as being beneficial, providing an added incentive to try to get better in PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-29-2010, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
NO no this makes sense.... one que will have all of us that like to play. The other will have 5 man teams sitting at the spawns arguing about who is going to have to go and do the killing. LOL
Funny as hell. But why have a queue at all? Why not just have it dispense emblems for going AFK for 10 minutes? "Click here for emblemz"
Lt. Commander
# 26 Jackpot!
10-29-2010, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warem
Funny as hell. But why have a queue at all? Why not just have it dispense emblems for going AFK for 10 minutes? "Click here for emblemz"
You haven't heard? Season 3, baby!
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-30-2010, 12:40 AM
You get 3 Emblems for playing at least 1 hour in PvP. Provided you win at least 1 per 6 Emblems.

You get 3 Emblems for playing at least 1 hour in the Exploration Sector. Provided you complete at least 3 exploration missions per 6 Emblems.

You get 3 Emblems for playing at least 1 hour in Fleet Actions. Provided you complete at least 1 per 6 Emblems.

You get 3 Emblems for playing at least 1 hour in STFs. Provided you complete at least 1 per 6 Emblems.

No, I am not really convinced. Creating a decent reward system that isn't always abused seems to require creating a lot of hoops to jump through.

I think I'll give up. PvP rewards for wins only.
You get 2 for winning FvF or KvK, and you get 4 for winning FvK. And you get 3 Emblems for 1 War Zone win. (Per Day, of course, game type still selected randomly, though I would make the War Zone one always available.)

No need to win more then one match. But every need to branch out and use all PvP options if you really want to get your Emblems. And extra incentives to really fight in FvK. Maybe this will still kill FvK because no Fed believes he can win that one. But maybe at least the FvK that will happen will be a little more competitive and have less 15-0.
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-30-2010, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Here's a more involved solution, a la Guild Wars 2:

De-link PvE and PvP by making it so that in PvP you have access to all the best gear automatically, for free. (But it only is available for PvP.) Make rewards for PvP something else (basically vanity-only, like titles or skins), and only for winning.
I think thats a fairly good idea, though you may just get people sitting there to get their rewards for a new ship skin. You know how lazy peple can be.
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-30-2010, 12:49 PM
I am against the idea of winning getting you emblems because there are some days when you just get horrible partners in PvP and there is nothing you can do about it. How about emblems based on your score based on the amount of players in game (Similiar to how you get credits/merrits etc).
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-30-2010, 04:22 PM
Just give everyone 6 Emblems every 24 hours... 3 per one hour in game time. Who cares what your doing in game as long as your in. Cap it at 6 so people can't run bots and rack em up. Sure some won't get 6 every day if they can't give 2 hours but they won't be rushing to finish 3 pvps either.

If they still want to hand emblems out for defari stuff... and an extra one for every explore mission completion so be it.

And perhaps they could fix the bug that allows players in Ker Rat or Nvak to do a pvp and come back on the other side. Some of the sit outs are players that only do the misisons there over and over if you get my meaning.