1) What mini-games are still in the works? (ie te ones that were pulled from ship interiors just prior to issue 2 relase).
2) Would you ever consider adding a 'console activation' style mini-game to the 'run through empty base - find computer data - exploration missions as you continue to brainstorm on the Exploration system revamp.
3) With regard to the sector space and exploration system revamp - Have things like 'space weather' from the various series - (like the 1701 passing through as Ion Storm as it travelled, which was the basis of a story in the episode Court Martial) been cionsidered as a possible element to add to make space travel in STO seem less mundane? (ieyou gt caught in an Ion Storm and the ship has a chance to sustain damage - (like when it blows up in combat); and again, maybe have a slightly more involved mini-game (sending someone to the 'Pod'; doing some quick on screen power management style thing; and that determines the chance of the ship taking damage - none, a little, or a lot, etc.)
4) Any new 'mission types' still being considered for the game of 'The Foundry'? (ie I remember the 'Anthropology' Diplomatic mission type that was going to, but didn't make it for season 2; and then was shelved as work shifted to The Foundry tools)
5) With Memory Alpha starting to be revamped; will there EVER be a point where we can tweak our existing gear with bonuses we'd like; instead of always just havinng to 'pick an item' of a create list, and taking it' bonuses (whether we really like them or not). In other words will there EVER be a more 'free form' craftinhg system in STO at some point?
Q: dStahl previously mentioned that there are several exploration concepts you are considering. Care to give us insights into which ones? Maybe the players can "help" find the right solution?
Q: There have been many concerns by canon people that the game risks is losing verisimilitude by making Vulcan ships, NX-01 or the Excelsior refits or the Galaxy-X available in game. I know your team discusses this issues internally, too. Have you considered of simply coming up with an actual in-game story that at least tries to explain these ships? That won't satisfy all of the "concerned", but at least there is an official in-game world explanation and people wouldn't just have to pretend these ships don't exist if they want to immerse themselves into the world. (And you don't have to stop creating such ships- because other people want them no matter what!).
Q: The incident with the Deferi Trader allowing to buy and sell stuff with profit was unintended. But what if you add actual trade-routes in game where people can (in a controlled manner that does't allow "infinite" profits) conduct trade. Now, Starfleet or KDF Captains would not normally do this much, but the Federation and the Klingon Empire certainly do trade among its member planets and with other planets, and Starfleet ships might be needed to escort freighters, transport certain materials, or establish trade negotiations.
Q: Are you considering to do more ship costumes again? New ships with new mechanics like the Nebula or the upcoming Naucassian Raider are cool and nice and all, but they create a lot of concerns regarding their game balance and need more time to be made. Getting more new costumes for KDF and Starfleet ships would be far more appealing.
Q: Along similar lines as the previosu question: Any new refits, are you considering to follow the Vor'Cha model more often? Just upgrade the ship to tier 5 stats, don't add any new special abilites? I think that approach has similar advantages as the idea of more ship costumes.
Q: Any plans on expanding the customization options on ships in general? The fact that material type and deflector look on Federation ship are linked for example seems unneccessary limiting, for example. I also think that it would be nice to have certain ship elements not being so closely tied to a ship type (Assault Cruiser, B'rel Bird of Prey and so on). For example, I could see the Nacelles and maybe the Bird of Prey Wings and Gun mounts to be exchangeable among all tiers.
Q: Do you have any cool screenshots of "stuff in the works" to show to us? (Pretty please?)
Several questions I'd really like an answer too;
- When will the extra bought costume slots be fixed regarding the off duty costumes? I currently have 15 costumes and only 1 of them can be used for off duty. For the rp community this is a big issue.
- When will poker be in?
- Any chance that we can get auto run to work in combination with walking?
- Any chance the walk animation can receive an update too? It looks really weird right now.
Q when are the events coming? (like what they do in WoW, LOTRO etc etc.) its sounds cool to have a KDF invasion on SOL (or the feddies try to attack Qo'nos) or a massive borg attack like the one when beta closed.
edit: just read a email of Cryptic about a Halloween theme weekly mission cool
keep going this way
hi i really like this game and am really happy with all the work that is being put in to it. The up coming updates are all great steps and are the reason i continue to play the game.
However i am concerned at the lack of focus on pvp. My question is, are there any plans at the least to increase the number of maps and game types to play in pvp. And in the future have a full pvp game play experiance where the borders of the federation and the klingon empire mean something and factions can invade or raid other factions terittory even going as far as crushing the other faction?
the reason i find this important is because the best format for end game replayability (in my opinion) are factions and the fleets that make up those factions would be given an endless reason for combat (even negosiation If there are more than two factions) and there would be no better challenge in the game than one faction overcoming another.
As Champions Online is going free 2 play, could this effect the way we pay for this game? More so, if this game goes to "Microtransactions" does this mean we will have to pay for things like a season update or a new playable faction?
I'd like to toss in that I'm also curious where on the priority list "more functional ship interiors" sits.
And while it was mentioned that some chairs in ESD are getting the special "sit" option, please say the captain's chair and ready room chairs on the ship are going to be tagged with that option as well.