Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
10-30-2010, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Dr. Leonard McCoy
I wasnt going for yet another Kling rage post. I was serious in hoping the Devs would read and reply to this.
I'm surprised you were being serious, this has been brought up many times, threads have been locked, and so on just on this topic and Cryptic still has not said anything as to why we didn't get a uniform upgrade. The harsh reality is that this game caters to a single faction, and those hoping for Romulans and Cardascians should expect the same treatment if not worse them the Klingons have been receiving.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
10-30-2010, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Dr. Leonard McCoy
I wasnt going for yet another Kling rage post. I was serious in hoping the Devs would read and reply to this.
I don't think anyone considered it a ragepost.
It's more like a running gag (that stopped being funny quite a while ago) that Klingons are missing a
few things.
Particularly the term "equality" that you used in your original post is a term of great importance even though it will never be equality in quantity particularly in terms of how many ships wer get to fly.
In a recent thread called "Equality for Klingons" it boiled down to "equality in consideration" which is something we felt painfully missing in cases like the 200 day veteran reward or, long before that, the Klingon referral reward ship.
Or in this particular case.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
10-30-2010, 10:47 AM
Its sad that they let things get so out of balance. I knew it was bad about the 200 day vet reward,,,had no idea about the VA equiv uniform. Its as if they thought no one would want to play Klingon..which was a massive error.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
10-30-2010, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Dr. Leonard McCoy
Its sad that they let things get so out of balance. I knew it was bad about the 200 day vet reward,,,had no idea about the VA equiv uniform. Its as if they thought no one would want to play Klingon..which was a massive error.
Well, they saw when the game went live how people wanted to play the faction, yet they did nothing. They saw the population rise, yet they did nothing. They finally decided to take us seriously, yet have done nothing. They promised to help flesh out the faction for 2.0, and they did little to nothing (sure we have a coupel of PVE missions, and a frakkin lionfish but still). It isn't until now that they are adding things into the game, but very frakkin' slowly. 1 KDF item per every 4-5 Fed items..I say it's a dang shame...well...a sham. Let the feds cool their heels some and work SOLELY on us...Oh wait, I forgot, 2.0 was the "Klingon" update...*sigh* I know this is a bit of a tirade...but we have every right to gripe...especially since we have asked specific questions and have gotten not so specific answers.....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
10-31-2010, 11:28 PM
Well, ill wait to see what they offer at season 3. If we get bent over by being forced to buy more of what should be free then the true path well be revealed. Dstahl has tried...but stuff like this and the 200 day vet uniform should have never been overlooked. They should have been done in tandem with the fed ones...because these are supposed to be account specific items...not faction specific. So I thhnk they get a new chace but they need to stop jacking around and pay attention. i fthey feel this way about the only other faction...it doesnt bode well for a third.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
11-01-2010, 02:51 AM
Short answer: No we don't get anything like that.

Long answer: No. Klingons are monster play. The focus of the development team is now, and has been since late in beta, the Federation. We get scraps. I strongly suspect that anything we get beyond this point will be little and a long time coming.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
11-01-2010, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Short answer: No we don't get anything like that.

Long answer: No. Klingons are monster play. The focus of the development team is now, and has been since late in beta, the Federation. We get scraps. I strongly suspect that anything we get beyond this point will be little and a long time coming.
Nope. Focus on development now seems to be faction-agnostic or relatively balanced.

KDF Side:
Vor'Cha Refit
Vor'Cha Costume
Orion Vessel
Gorn Vessel
Naucassian Vessel
B'rel Refit

Fed side:
Andorian Vessel
Vulcan Vessel
NX-01 ship
Enterprise Mirror Uniforms
Seven of Nine costume (I find it hard to value this as high as a new ship costume, but it might actually be similar "expensive")

The problem is that the KDF "needs more" to get en par with the Federation. But if there isn't new Federation content, a lot of Fed players will get ****ed eventually, too. Just because one side has less doesn't mean that both sides don't need continual updates to keep the players happy.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
11-01-2010, 06:04 AM
LOL never mind the Lt Gen uniform. Still waiting for Cryptic to fixed the bugged 2nd Klink Uniform slot, so on that basis good luck to seeing the Lt Gen Uniform anytime this year. :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
11-01-2010, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Nope. Focus on development now seems to be faction-agnostic or relatively balanced.
Well, when they already start giving Non-Starfleet ships to Starfleet, it doesn't seem balanced. More like "oh damn what are we going to give them now, they already have everything". :p

In my opinion they could well "balance" new Klingon stuff with things that can be used by both factions (like sets of "costume parts" that could be combined with both Starfleet and KDF clothes), if it is really necessary to appease Fed-only players like that or milk the cash cow.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
11-01-2010, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
Well, when they already start giving Non-Starfleet ships to Starfleet, it doesn't seem balanced. More like "oh damn what are we going to give them now, they already have everything". :p

In my opinion they could well "balance" new Klingon stuff with things that can be used by both factions (like sets of "costume parts" that could be combined with both Starfleet and KDF clothes), if it is really necessary to appease Fed-only players like that or milk the cash cow.
couldnt have said it any better myself
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:57 PM.