Lt. Commander
# 1 Specialized Tribble Rewards
10-29-2010, 09:04 PM
I enjoy the weekly episodes you have been putting together for us, but I have an issue I'd like to see you address.

In two of the episodes, the resources have been provided to breed a specialized tribble, one that helps against enemies encountered throughout that series. For the Breen it was the Cryo Tribble. For the Devedians, it is the Triolic Tribble.

But there's only one problem...Klingons cannot use them. A reward that can't be used isn't much of a reward.

Perhaps you could look at this and come up with a Klingon specific specialized reward to balance it out. Perhaps involving a Targ. Give the Klingon the ability to make the tribble, then feed it to his pet targ to get something usable in the series.

Whatever you do needs to take into account Fed Klingons as well as KDF Klingons.

Just a thought.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-29-2010, 11:29 PM
Dan Stahl, in an interview, said they are looking into targ breeding, possibly exactly as you describe.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-30-2010, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpadgett371 View Post
But there's only one problem...Klingons cannot use them. A reward that can't be used isn't much of a reward.
First keep in mind that the tribble wasn't a "reward." It's just another tribble to add to the tribble list. Second, while Klinks can't use them many of the other species in the Klink faction can so it's not as limiting as you tend to make out. Finally, if a 2-3% resistance buff is all that's keeping a Klink from success or failure in the mission he's not a very good Klink.

Honestly, all my characters carry photonic tribbles and most of the time I forget to even click them.