Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
10-30-2010, 06:39 PM
Do you pros still remember what it means to PuG? You're not even teamed up most of the time. There is z*e*r*o communication very often and hence no freaking teamplay whatsoever.

And now take this bunch of poor cpts against a group of experienced players, which in most cases are superior one by one to the PuGers plus they have TS or vent. This makes the premade the boots and the PuG feds some roaches. Of course you get facemelted, everything else would be crazy.

Yeah, once in a while there might be good PuGs who actually team up, don't freaking seperate or try to solely pwn a freaking carrier with all his pets summoned and maybe even use macroes for better coordination of battle. Then there is a chance, but voice communication is always superior and always will be.

So if you're in the "roach" position I mentioned, this whole thing becomes really not exactly funny and I see why some people start to QQ. But if they would just think about it for a few seconds, I'm quite sure most of them would see reason.

I'd only wish those way stronger groups, may it be feds or klingons, would actually just finish you off instead of playing around, trying to humiliate you. I don't mean the chat babbling, I'm fine with some "j33Z, you feds suck!", I actually giggle then (since it's true in this case ^^) . But please, if you pwn your opponent, show at least that much respect and allow them a quick defeat.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
10-30-2010, 06:51 PM
if no one will toss you a team invite, form the team yourself and start inviting them.

Also, -TSI- pugs out a lot.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
10-30-2010, 08:13 PM
Quote:
I'm not the brightest bulb in my mom's basement but how can someone justify crying for a nerf when they blatantly admit to not being willing to put forth any effort to beat the people who do? In what plain of existence does it make sense that a person playing half assed should be able to play competitively against others who play to win?

All this time you go on and on about balance. It's not that people are better than you, it's that the ships are imbalanced. Now the truth comes out. You are just lazy.
Dude you have no clue what so ever as to what I do and dont do in regards to trying to become a better player. I have listened to what people have said. Some of it i've dismiissed out of hand because its blatantly obvious to anyone with half a working brain cell that the klingons are better players argument is garbage. I've listen to and tried some peoples advice, and some of it has worked and some of it has not.

If I was lazy I would just give the game up, yet I've continued to play, made other characters to see the game from a different perspective, improve my overall understanding, and to be honest, i'm sure there are plenty of people who would call me the sad geek I was mocking earlier on.

The point of that was that this game needs to cater to a much wider audience than the minority of people who do spend hours and hours every day trying to get that perfect build and perfect premade team etc etc. It NEEDS ti be fun for everyone or else it will fail, and for many people, regardless of the reason, pvp isn't fun.

Some people, like the OP, clearly take this way too serious. You should be forced to watch make love not ******** 1000 times until you get it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
10-30-2010, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb74
Dude you have no clue what so ever as to what I do and dont do in regards to trying to become a better player. I have listened to what people have said. Some of it i've dismiissed out of hand because its blatantly obvious to anyone with half a working brain cell that the klingons are better players argument is garbage. I've listen to and tried some peoples advice, and some of it has worked and some of it has not.

If I was lazy I would just give the game up, yet I've continued to play, made other characters to see the game from a different perspective, improve my overall understanding, and to be honest, i'm sure there are plenty of people who would call me the sad geek I was mocking earlier on.

The point of that was that this game needs to cater to a much wider audience than the minority of people who do spend hours and hours every day trying to get that perfect build and perfect premade team etc etc. It NEEDS ti be fun for everyone or else it will fail, and for many people, regardless of the reason, pvp isn't fun.

Some people, like the OP, clearly take this way too serious. You should be forced to watch make love not ******** 1000 times until you get it.

Your right, for highend pvpers its boring to farm inexperienced/emblem hunters, and emblem hunters dont have fun getting killed over and over by highend players.

Klingon bop is the easiest ship if played halfproper with lots of dmg potential and healing potential and you can have lots of scicrap on it too, you just cant have everything but yeah its a very sweet 1v1 ship.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
10-30-2010, 08:33 PM
while this thread has been interesting.....

1] would an auto team function be preferred for queued pvp matches. even if a team of 3 came in, the other 2 would be auto-added??

2] should there be a higher reward for FvK pvp and a 50% less reward for FvF/KvK pvp?

3] IF, and i do mean if, they were to ahve granted the Defiant with a Battle cloak....would that have more Feds using them in any pvp?

When Romulan's make it into the game......
4] would having a 3 way pvp system work for all? FvR, KvR, FvK the battle vs cloaks and now feds have 2 teams to constantly worry over cloak's-n-alphas??

OR IF, Romulan's were allowed to choose a side to fight on (or along with)
5] would it be no different having romulan's on both sides of the fight and everything remains as it si with FvK??

6] When open system/sector pvp comes along is TSI and OOV going to dominate as groups, fleets or or lone wolf pugging?

Satiate my curiosity
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
10-30-2010, 08:50 PM
1] would an auto team function be preferred for queued pvp matches. even if a team of 3 came in, the other 2 would be auto-added??

I think auto adding would be a good idea. They already do it in open pve. A lot of the time I think people dont set up teams because they dont have the confidence to be seen as a leader.

2] should there be a higher reward for FvK pvp and a 50% less reward for FvF/KvK pvp?

No. whilst the game is unbalanced this will just widen the gap further.

3] IF, and i do mean if, they were to ahve granted the Defiant with a Battle cloak....would that have more Feds using them in any pvp?

I dont want to see the feds get a battlecloak, but if thats the route they choose I think a lot of people would use it, at least to see if it really does make a difference.

When Romulan's make it into the game......
4] would having a 3 way pvp system work for all? FvR, KvR, FvK the battle vs cloaks and now feds have 2 teams to constantly worry over cloak's-n-alphas??


In many way s I would love to see this, but you know some basement dwelling win at all costs types will just have their friends roll romulan characters and then double team the opposition. However, potentially this could be a lot of fun as you try and figure out what each faction is up to.

OR IF, Romulan's were allowed to choose a side to fight on (or along with)
5] would it be no different having romulan's on both sides of the fight and everything remains as it si with FvK??


That would be lame. Same thing, different skin.

6] When open system/sector pvp comes along is TSI and OOV going to dominate as groups, fleets or or lone wolf pugging?

Probably. The zerg rules in open PvP.Of course, epic zergs are, well, epic.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
10-30-2010, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
just saying but:TSI and OOV do spend the majority of their matches in fvf. The queues pop faster in fvf. Most of the time we just queue for both fvf and fvk - it's most efficient that way.
True dat. Kinda disappointing because FvF is insufferably slow and boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb74
[i]Err Sad Geek 1 you will proceed forward and use sensor scan, at which time I WILL deploy Quantum Mines, Sad Geek 2 has been crunching the numbers, what say you Sad Geek 2.
And Sad Geek 3 posts on the forums cause he didn't get picked for the team. Better luck next season, champ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4triX
Do you pros still remember what it means to PuG? You're not even teamed up most of the time. There is z*e*r*o communication very often and hence no freaking teamplay whatsoever.
Hmmm I'm not a pro because I don't get paid for it. I think of myself more as promiscuous party floosie. I love to get my freak on with the puggies. I always start inviting people as soon as they get in the map. I'd say we get all five people teamed up about 75% of the time and four out of five teamed up about 90% of the time. Just take the initiative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb74
The point of that was that this game needs to cater to a much wider audience than the minority of people who do spend hours and hours every day trying to get that perfect build and perfect premade team etc etc. It NEEDS ti be fun for everyone or else it will fail, and for many people, regardless of the reason, pvp isn't fun.
Maybe you weren't PvPing 6 months ago BEFORE they dumbed the game down to a slow excruciating crawl. They HAVE been catering to the wider audience - what do you think makes them money? Cryptic's not that interested in the hardcore PvPers. They're interested in getting as many people to play as possible.

As is true in any multiplayer game - MMORPG or not - there will always be players who take the game more seriously than you do. It's just the nature of competitive gameplay. Just because people like to be good at what they do doesn't mean they've sold their soul to the MMO gods for leet skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb74
Some people, like the OP, clearly take this way too serious. You should be forced to watch make love not ******** 1000 times until you get it.
Hmmm aren't you arguing with strangers over internet video game forums? Just sayin'
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
10-30-2010, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4triX
Do you pros still remember what it means to PuG? You're not even teamed up most of the time. There is z*e*r*o communication very often and hence no freaking teamplay whatsoever.
Klingons rarely talk when playing, and they group just about as often as Feds.
Klinks have nonverbal communication down to a science though
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
10-30-2010, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena
Then premade it up yourself and get "better" pvp?
Its not better its just more organized.

Some people like that some people like PUGs.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
10-31-2010, 05:23 AM
@rb74
Thx for taking time to post in these forums so frequently, and to play the game as much as you claim to, and so little as you claim to at the same time. I agree 100%: you are not a geek, you are not a lazy liar, you are not a self serving dweeb, and you are not a whining loser.

Clowns are fun!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:10 PM.