Lt. Commander
Well we all know the classic Red Alert alarm that is from TOS and TNG that sounds everytime that we're under fire, and if you're a Klingon then it's the TNG Evac alarm.

What I propose is this: Give us the option to pick which alert sounds we hear, with the options being the various sounds heard in the shows for Federation and Klingon ships.

Here are some:
Voyager and Enterprise-E
Defiant
Klingons (sorry for the poor quality as I couldn't find anything better, but you can still hear it)
Romulan?

Promethues MVAM (for good measure )

There are more (like the unique one from Generations) but it is very hard to find some of these things....
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-21-2010, 06:52 PM
Seconded. Perhaps even vary default by ship type.

But most importantly, plese don't play the "Your vessel is under attack," sound file unless I really am, this can be confusing when scanning or initiating an encounter. The red alert noise will suffice.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-21-2010, 07:26 PM
VOY alert sounds for me, plz... pretty sure the sound for it is already in the game. I heard it by having the camera very close to some of the wrecks in the 'investigate wrecked ships' exploration missions
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-22-2010, 12:44 AM
Sometimes you can hear the red alert from ST: Generations
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Yes Voyager Alert sound for me to. It was in the last episode "What Lies Beneath", so it is in the game. I like he original sound, don't get me wrong.. but after a long time it gets time to change it... So Iím all in to this small change.

To me it looks not that difficult to put in. Just make an extra option in the sound settings with a drop-down menu to choose your Red Alert sound. And keep the "Your ship is under attack" FX thatís the key that your ship is under attack.

So Cryptic plz, make this change...
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Great idea. It'll add some more "flavor" to the STO experience.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-02-2010, 08:01 AM
I would love the Voyager Red Alert too.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-02-2010, 12:18 PM
I would like the red alert klaxon to sound for the duration that I am in battle...
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-02-2010, 01:25 PM
This is actually a great idea, I think they should also allow us to choose how many times the alarm goes off when going to Red Alert.