Lt. Commander
# 1 Key binding fail
11-08-2010, 10:24 AM
ticket number #999,271

This has happend A LOT lately. I have made tickets on it before and I get the standerd cut and paste reply. can I get a more personal reply on it this time. I have my key-bindings set for #1 fire all phasers and #2 fire all torpedoes. But often when I log in and start a fight they don't work. All I can use it space bar for fire all weapons.

I check in chat and My number keys are indeed working. And my key-bindings in that tab are indeed still set the way I want them. I can type the numbers. Any idea why this is happening. has anyone else experienced this? Is this a common bug?

this has happened on both fed and klingon. and on various characters in both factions. If I completely close the game and restart, it will usually fix the problem. but it will often return as soon as I zone into a new combat scenario. Not always it seems to happen at random, but still this problem frequently occurs.

Please help
thanks
Pikoy
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-08-2010, 11:09 AM
i dont know what your problem could be but i never had any problem with key binding.

i assume you know your keybinds and so here is just few short line i copy over from my own file.

to use numpad 1
Numpad1 "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers"

to use 1 on the main section of the keboard
1 "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers"

i have no problem with it, although i personally uses
Z "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers" and then just ahk it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEII
i dont know what your problem could be but i never had any problem with key binding.

i assume you know your keybinds and so here is just few short line i copy over from my own file.

to use numpad 1
Numpad1 "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers"

to use 1 on the main section of the keboard
1 "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers"

i have no problem with it, although i personally uses
Z "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers" and then just ahk it.
actually I don't know much about doing it that way. I just bind my keys using the options/keybind menu in game. whenever this problem happens I always double check to see if my settings are still they way I set them and they are.