Lt. Commander
# 1 Can't access game key
10-30-2010, 10:13 PM
Greetings,

I bought the Collector's Edition of STO today from GameStop. I am having difficulty using the game key for the 30 day trial. I assume the game key is on the back of the manual? If so, that is what I am entering, and I keep receiving the "Game key does not match our records" message. I respectfully request assistance on this matter.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-30-2010, 10:33 PM
just to clarify, you used the number on the page opposite the disk, in the white box labeled PRODUCT REGISTRATION KEY, and not the little number on the back cover, right? I checked my own manual (the same exact edition as yours) and that's the only possible reason I could think of. If you've got the correct number and it still isn't working, you might want to file a billing ticket:
http://www.atari.com/support/startrekonline
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-30-2010, 10:44 PM
Was the game bought new or used? If used...it is possible the key has already been used.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-30-2010, 10:53 PM
I am using the little number on the back of the manual for the Game Card option on the subscription page. It was a new game when I bought it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-30-2010, 11:11 PM
Ok, I think I fixed it. I did a subscription, cancelled it, and now the Collector's Edition is listed under my products. However, the Demo is also listed, hopefully I can cancel it. Thank you.