Lt. Commander
So i lost my ghostbuster rifle and the GM is unvilling to make me a new one. If this universe was anything close to "real" i would not have sold the item in the first place and if someone took it from me i'd hunt them down and take it back. These things are bound to happen and there really should be a way to get the unique items back so we don't have to take up more of the GM's time.

In EQ2 they have the shady swashbucker for this purpose. It would be nice if we in STO could have some shady ferengi run a lost and found office OR perhaps have some nausicaan mercenaries run a detective shop or something where they track down lost items for money.

I'd pay 10x or 100x the sell price just to get back the unique item i lost!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-30-2010, 01:55 PM
You can buyback items that you sold or recycled provided that you don't leave the current map.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-30-2010, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
You can buyback items that you sold or recycled provided that you don't leave the current map.
Yes and that is a nice feature. But it doesn't help me. The item is lost and i honestly don't remember selling it. The whole point is if i was aware i sold it i wouldnt have sold it.....

So you are happy with the way things are now? I guess you havent lost a unique item then yet...
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-30-2010, 06:00 PM
I would prefer that mission rewards that are bind on pickup are not sellable or recyclable until certain conditions are reached. Having to go to a specific vendor just because you sold a mission reward is too annoying.

There will be weekly reruns so you should be able to earn it again during that time.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-31-2010, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
There will be weekly reruns so you should be able to earn it again during that time.
As long as it doesn't become a Secondary Mission with no rewards, that will be fine. I'm still not over the fact that i lost that ghostbuster rifle, that sci is gonna have some problem getting through the halloween episode. I'm not particularly looking forward to it...
Lt. Commander
# 6 Insurance please!
10-31-2010, 08:04 AM
Something similar happened to me.

A flaw in the mail system deleted a much valued markX biofunction console.

I communicated with a GM via the reporting system and they said they weren't going to replace the item.

It may come off somewhat harsh, but why give us an option in Reporting specifically for replacement of lost items if they're not going to do it?
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-31-2010, 02:53 PM
Lord of the rings online has a nice feature to "lock" items so they cannot be sold at vendors.
Cryptic should implement something like that.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-31-2010, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Lord of the rings online has a nice feature to "lock" items so they cannot be sold at vendors.
Cryptic should implement something like that.
But there will always be someone that forgets to lock their item unless rare drops and above and mission rewards are set to the lock state as a default. Could always have a type in the first five or so characters to make it so people don't accidentally unlock them.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-31-2010, 04:47 PM
I just noticed that SOME unique items are not sellable in the way that they just dont show up in the list when you for example try to recycle them. The breen items from the last series behave in this manner. However i can confirm that the Synchronic Proton Distortion Prototype Rifle DOES show up in the list at a value of 0 ec.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-31-2010, 07:09 PM
several people have had this rifle disappear on them, needs to be fixed. cryptic has been telling them all that it is their policy to not redeem lost items which is total crap and if they stick to that it only shows how poor their customer service in game is. Every game i have played has restored items when these things happen so cryptic needs to wake up and step up to the plate and star providing some CS.