Lt. Commander
# 1 Restricted Items I've Bought
10-31-2010, 03:45 PM
I bought the Excelsior ship a while back and have used it with my main character which is at the level cap, but I can't use it with my lower level characters. Shouldn't I be able to claim the Excelsior with my lower level character so I can use the the Commander level Excelsior? Every time I try to claim it from the C-Store it says it's restricted.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-31-2010, 03:51 PM
The C-store bought Excelsior is for VA level characters only. The commander level ship is purchased in-game with energy credits (137,000 to be exact). The BO and console set-up for the commander level one is no different from that of the regular heavy cruisers that you get for free. So don't expect it to be a whole lot different other than its looks. I do think it has slightly better turn rate and a little more crew though.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-31-2010, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
The C-store bought Excelsior is for VA level characters only.
It's actually usable by RAs. I have 2 RAs currently using the Excelsior T5.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-31-2010, 04:03 PM
I stand corrected.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-31-2010, 10:55 PM
Also the only difference between the teir 3 version and the regualr heavy cruiser is that the Excelsior gets a few transwarp locations.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-31-2010, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatness View Post
Also the only difference between the teir 3 version and the regualr heavy cruiser is that the Excelsior gets a few transwarp locations.
Yes that and all the general teir 5 buffs to hull strength, shields, BO slots and the unique BO arrangement only to the excelsior. I think the turn rate and impulse modifier between the two versions are the same though.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-01-2010, 12:13 AM
I wasn't making any reference to the tier 5 version at all mate, the tier 5 of course has plenty of differences. Between the Heavy cruiser (Cheyenne, Dakota and stargazer classes) and the tier 3 excelsior (also known as the advanced heavy cruiser)all that is different is the three transwarp locations the excelsior gets it gets. pi canis, regulus and eta eridani I believe.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-01-2010, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatness View Post
I wasn't making any reference to the tier 5 version at all mate, the tier 5 of course has plenty of differences. Between the Heavy cruiser (Cheyenne, Dakota and stargazer classes) and the tier 3 excelsior (also known as the advanced heavy cruiser)all that is different is the three transwarp locations the excelsior gets it gets. pi canis, regulus and eta eridani I believe.
Yeah sorry, my mistake.