Lt. Commander
# 1 Why STO has lost its appeal
10-30-2010, 02:12 PM
Predictable in ever sense, with marginal PvP...
And now I run like a ... [fill in the blanks with something pleasantly crude], and my disruptor pistal sounds like something out of a Tom and Jerry cartoon.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-30-2010, 06:57 PM
Why people like you have lost their appeal.

3 totally unnecessary posts by you.
People are ofc allowed to give their expression of the game, but your 3 posts weren't exactly helpful to the community or Cryptic.

You have a choise you know, and it's quite easy actually.

If you don't like what you see, just take your money elsewhere, there's always other games out there, why don't you try them out instead, I'm sure they are better.

Also, I gonna try to hide my disappointment for you leaving the game...
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-30-2010, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman79 View Post

3 totally unnecessary posts by you.
People are ofc allowed to give their expression of the game, but your 3 posts weren't exactly helpful to the community or Cryptic.

You have a choise you know, and it's quite easy actually.

If you don't like what you see, just take your money elsewhere, there's always other games out there, why don't you try them out instead, I'm sure they are better.

Also, I gonna try to hide my disappointment for you leavling the game...
The EVE forums are full of replies like this. Not very helpful. What TalShadaraq is really saying is -something is missing after the initial excitement wears off-.

When a game becomes repetitive it's because the randomness of it is missing. Missions are the same old thing, rewards are the same old thing.

What STO needs is something different. Branching missions where player choices determine outcome and rewards. Something else too...STO needs death. The possibility of losing officers permanently to ground combat. This added drama must include an added element of comradery. As well as the ability to promote your officers, you should as captain have the ability to award medals and decorations. The ability to see them at Stardock at the club and at your promotion ceremony. When you promote them, they should have a ceremony as well where you pin their new rank and salute them. As it is now they are as expendable as ammo.

It all cant just be pew-pew all the time. There has to be an element of immersion that makes the pew-pew feel like life and death. A psychological element that makes you question your superiors at times as well as your own values and convictions.

I would love to write missions for this game.
Lt. Commander
# 4 So sorry
10-31-2010, 02:18 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~InfoNinja
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-31-2010, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalShadaraq
Furthermore, the forums are here for feedback, whether good or bad.
Actually making 3 threads about the same basic thing after you've unsubscribed is considered trolling rather then giving feedback.

Life is full of disappointments. Its how we deal with them, or get past them, that defines who we are as humans. Some choose to whine about the unfairness of it all. Others accept it as a life-lesson and move on with their dignity in tact.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-31-2010, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Actually making 3 threads about the same basic thing after you've unsubscribed is considered trolling rather then giving feedback.
I was rather thinking that since we're not allowed to make "I QUIT" treads the OP decided to make three seperate threads that were "I QUIT" threads veiled as feedback.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-31-2010, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalShadaraq
Predictable in ever sense, with marginal PvP...
Marginal PvP? There is no marginal PvP, only marginal players.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-31-2010, 07:23 AM
WOW!! 3 Apeal Posts in 7 minuets, I feel like I am in a Bannana Plantation here.

If you really don't like the game, you don't have to play it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-02-2010, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman79 View Post

Also, I gonna try to hide my disappointment for you leaving the game...
I agree. I you don't like the game, why are you still here? Most of us will not miss you.

P.S. Can I have your stuff?
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-02-2010, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
WOW!! 3 Apeal Posts in 7 minuets, I feel like I am in a Bannana Plantation here.

If you really don't like the game, you don't have to play it.
Put the bannana down and back away from the yolk..........

Come Mr tally man, tally me bonanna........

DAY.....Booza DAyyyyooooo

Daylight come and we want to go home....