Lt. Commander
Just wanted to mention that the epiosde was my favorite so far. Very good and very clever! I also wanted to mention a few things that not many other people are mentioning.

1- The sliding doors! Freaking awesome. If I am not mistaken, this is the first time I've come across sliding doors (except for on my bridge).

2- Non-obtrusive rectangle text boxes. I can't begin to tell you how much this pleased me. It made the mission as a whole feel so much more streamlined and smooth!

3- Flashlight. You see these in a lot of Star Trek episodes in TNG, DS9, and Voyager. Its a wonder we never saw one until now! Good job!

4- Optional sidequests (for sci and Eng). I'm not sure how much tech it took to do this, but I was very surprised to see this. Thanks!

5- Optional sidequests to help you defeat Boss. Took me a while to figure out that I should ignore the Devidians and activate the consoles to make them weaker. That helped This made it that much less of a pew pew fest.

One caveat though. I learned from the forums that there were voiced NPC conversations in the background. I did not know this since I am deaf. I wonder if we could add future NPC conversations into non-obtrusive text boxes (like the ones you showed us?).
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-01-2010, 07:39 AM
The voiceover was only the rampant hologram you encounter during the mission. His words were subtitled in the chat box and came up a very distinct green. Maybe they should flash across the screen like some text does so people who are deaf and don't have the chat box open notice it? It wasn't terribly important but did add to the atmosphere.

Anyway, I'm in line wit hthe general consensus in that I think WLB was a freaking awesome mission, story wise, gameplay wise and the overall feel really hit the Star Trek nail on the head.
Lt. Commander
# 3 What Lies Beneath
11-01-2010, 10:25 AM
I concur with all the above.

Easily the best Episode yet! This bodes VERY well for the future of STO, the quality of this mission was nothing short of amazing, I could not have been happier.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-01-2010, 10:44 AM
I agree with all your points and it was a very well made mission, however on some computers the flashlight just doesn't work which made the second level of the mission difficult to navigate and the science objective only appeared for me after the vents weren't an issue anymore. my last complaint is that twice there was an interaction about the flashlight going out, but before i could click i'd be attacked and it would go so i have a feeling i missed some dialog

The boss fight was excellent as it was the first one i've experienced when using specific tactics can make the fight far easier than the challenge it otherwise poses. A bit of thought and some well timed powers/items can save you from unecessary wipes which was a great change from the normal "shoot until it dies" type of fight that other bosses have been in the past.

The overall atmosphere of the level (the sound, environments, decorations, lighting on all levels bar the second part and the dialog) were very effective: i felt as if i was exploring a forgotten, rotting space station where anything to crawl out of the shadows and the sneak peaks of the devidians were perfectly timed IMO.

I loved the two logs (tell me if i missed some, but i searched and only found two) i actuvely hunted them out making sure i went into every room as they were well written and intriguing. They made the station really come to life for me and showed that someone (or something) other than what i was expecting was down there waiting for me.

That voice over... wow- perfect cryptic and great forsight to release for halloween.

overall 9.5/10 with my only complaints being mild bugs.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekuScrubby View Post
The voiceover was only the rampant hologram you encounter during the mission. His words were subtitled in the chat box and came up a very distinct green. Maybe they should flash across the screen like some text does so people who are deaf and don't have the chat box open notice it? It wasn't terribly important but did add to the atmosphere.

Anyway, I'm in line wit hthe general consensus in that I think WLB was a freaking awesome mission, story wise, gameplay wise and the overall feel really hit the Star Trek nail on the head.
Hm, I think I noticed that part with the hologram saying's "boonie lyn (can't remember)" That wasn't the part I was referring to though.

Whether its true or not, I don't know really, but I noticed some talk on the forums about BO's talking to each other that I missed. That's what I meant.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-03-2010, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebobkill View Post
Hm, I think I noticed that part with the hologram saying's "boonie lyn (can't remember)" That wasn't the part I was referring to though.

Whether its true or not, I don't know really, but I noticed some talk on the forums about BO's talking to each other that I missed. That's what I meant.
"Bonnie-kin, Bonnie-kin..."

On 2 of my chars i actually got the unobtrusive dialogue box, containing the exact words that are said by the hologram. For my 4 other chars, i did not... probably some instability tied to this new tech.

Other than that, AWSOME mission!
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-03-2010, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
"Bonnie-kin, Bonnie-kin..."

On 2 of my chars i actually got the unobtrusive dialogue box, containing the exact words that are said by the hologram. For my 4 other chars, i did not... probably some instability tied to this new tech.

Other than that, AWSOME mission!
Yes, I really hope they add the non obtrusive text boxes to all of the missions out there. Made it so much more pleasant. I never would have thought of something like that!