Lt. Commander
This is something that recently occurred to me.

It seems the term of Address is quite random in the game.

I've been called Sir, Tilarta and <Rank> all at alternate times.

I would think it would provide a more personalized experience if we could specify how our character would be addressed.

I'd prefer Rank (at least with NPCs who aren't on my ship).
Well, really, I'd prefer to be called Captain, it's seems silly to me to keep hearing "Vice Admiral".

Cryptic probably couldn't implement this, but I'd like to have my BOFF crew use a seperate mode of address to the NPCs.

I'd like them to refer to my character by first name, I'm not a fan of formality on my ships.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-01-2010, 01:02 PM
In my opinion...

Starfleet / KDF should address you as your rank. For exmaple : "Vice Admiral, I have a new mission for you."

Your crew should always call you "Captain" since you're the Captain of the ship regardless of your official rank. (You're the acting Captain of the ship even though you're just a Lieutenant) For example : "Captain, we're being hailed by the Gorn commander."

Planetary Governments should also address you by rank only. For example : "Rear Admiral, I'm glad you're hear to help. We could use some Shield Generators."

You know, come to think of it, is that how it works already?

My biggest complaint about ranks is the whole Rear Admiral Upper Half, and Rear Admiral Lower Half nonsense. No one should ever refer to you as that. How about just "Rear Admiral" or even just "Admiral."