Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I'm pretty sure disabling weapons doesn't affect the launch of ships, nor did i really expect it to, but i was wondering if there is a way to do it. Is it an auxiliary system? If so, would beam target aux potentially work?

With Fire at Will/warp plasma/mines i can clear a fighter swarm quite easily, but taking the carrier out before they relaunch has become the issue.

Thanks in advance for any info on this.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
11-01-2010, 09:24 AM
Nope, as far as I know, there's directly no way to disable the fighter bays.

However, SNB does increase the CD for the fighter spawns, so that can be used to slow Carriers down as well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
11-01-2010, 09:28 AM
Its is an interesting game mechanic to consider since historically against carriers this a tried and true tactic.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
11-01-2010, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majeef View Post
I'm pretty sure disabling weapons doesn't affect the launch of ships, nor did i really expect it to, but i was wondering if there is a way to do it. Is it an auxiliary system? If so, would beam target aux potentially work?

With Fire at Will/warp plasma/mines i can clear a fighter swarm quite easily, but taking the carrier out before they relaunch has become the issue.

Thanks in advance for any info on this.
I currently have one of my Klinks in a carrier. To date I have not seen anything disable bays other than SNB et al. as previously mentioned.

Blowing the carrier to rat sh*t seems the only really effective counter atm..... works great too ^^

Cheers,

Waff
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
11-01-2010, 03:18 PM
That would be a cool addition to boarding parties.

I think some kind of Target Subsystem Hangers would be a cool idea.

Of course a good carrier pilot has his ships out before you even fire on him but it could slow down some of the big groups.

I dont think carriers are OP but i do think a few powers like that would be cool.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6 once again... L2P...
11-01-2010, 03:59 PM
ehem

PSW.1.2.PSW.1.2.PSW.1.2.PSW.1.2.PSW

i take it you never attended PvP school :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
11-02-2010, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedryk_
ehem

PSW.1.2.PSW.1.2.PSW.1.2.PSW.1.2.PSW

i take it you never attended PvP school :p
ehem

you name one power 5 times and think you are teaching.
I take you it never attended school.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
11-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andor View Post
ehem

you name one power 5 times and think you are teaching.
I take you it never attended school.
seriously?

lesson 2. coordinating team attacks...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
11-02-2010, 12:47 PM
andor has a point though, You're never going to see 5 people with photonic shockwave in the same group. Not successfully anyways.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
11-02-2010, 12:55 PM
I have a carrier and shockwave is not the end all be all for stopping carriers.

I know all about coordinated team work.

Heres something for you it wasn't shockwave that won it for you.

All I did was offer some possible additions that would give people more chances to slow down carriers.

It doesn't worry me that much as a carrier pilot because I know a good carrier pilot can also use coordinated teamwork.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:03 AM.