Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Hello, I filed a bug report on this issue

2 of my characters have gotten stuck while trying to zone between Sector Blocks.

My characters have been able to Beam down or up, go into and out of Solar Systems. But when trying to get from Block to Block My characters got stuck.

I can't use "Normal Login" or "Safe Login", and essentially can't log into the stuck characters. I get the error message "Timed out connecting to Game Server"

I'm afraid to take my remaining VA anywhere, so she is sitting in Memory Alpha. I can still connect to her and load Memory Alpha map, so I can log into the game in the sense that I can connect.

So please be careful when zoning, make sure to file a Bug report if your stuck like this. if anyone reading this can message a dev or GM, please do so.

I need some serious help.

-AgentExeider
Lt. Commander
# 2 You are not alone
11-01-2010, 10:52 PM
It's happened to me too. Happened with 2 VA feds and 1 Captain 8 Klingon. It's happened to me in the Eta Eridani Sector Block. I took one VA to do the new Davidian mission and I tried to enter Drozana Station. I got a gameserver timed out message, and then I could not log back on. I had to shut off and restart the game twice before I could log in with a different toon. Every time I tried I got the same problem. So I decided to test something out and I played as one of my Klingons and went to do the first Davidian mission. Well, what do you know, same problem. Now that one is stuck at Donatu System and I can't play as that one. So, thinking it had to do with the new missions, I avoided them and used my other fed VA and had to enter K7 to use bank before I did my daily Ker'rat mission. Surprise surprise, it happened again. That's 3 characters in one day. I got my first VA back about 2.5 hours ago, but my 2nd one and my Klink are still boldy exploring the Eta Eridani Sector Block on their own. I have lost all contact with them.

I have filled out 5 reports about these problems. I had to make 2 extra ones because Cryptic said it wasn't enough info, that I had to deal with Atari Support (who were the ones who told me I had to go thru Cryptic in the first place), and that I had to make out another report. The lack of organization is disturbing. I just hope they fix this soon. The luck I have with Cryptic is not good. I've been waiting 7 months for them to fix a problem I had with one of my toons (they haven't even responded to my questions about that one). Then came the Tier 11 weapon binding problems (that one is still open too) that cost me over 100 emblems - man that hurt. I'm hoping that I will see my toons real soon.

"Patience is a virtue. Seldom found in a woman, never in a man."
- What? Thats not true. Who ever came up with that quote, why they should be ... oh, right. Sorry dear.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-02-2010, 06:29 AM
I'm unfortuantely stuck zoning to Qo'nos on my Klingon and cant login with him. I was able to post a ticket in game with my Fed. Hopefully they will get us all fixed and back playing soon.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-02-2010, 06:50 AM
the funny part was that the character that got stuck, hasnt even done any of the weekly missions yet, he's a lowby that I don't play alot. so he got stuck and hasn't even gotten anywhere near the new mishs.

Edit: As of this morning, the stuck characters are unstuck. and it seems things are working fine now. I just wish one of the devs would say something, and I hope they fixed it.
Lt. Commander
# 5 oops my mistake
11-02-2010, 08:41 AM
Yeah I thought the new Devidian missions may have something to do with it but I was wrong. My one Fed VA was just trying to enter K7 and I lost that one too.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-02-2010, 03:52 PM
My engineer is stuck in kerrat, i can log him but cannot warp / visit my bridge / enter a pvp match or i got disconnected with a nice message : "couldn't transfer character".
I submitted a ticket but this is getting really annoying. Other toons work fine.

(sorry for bad english)
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-02-2010, 06:04 PM
yeah i just got stuck trying to go into the Sherman System to dock at K7
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Got oone stuck on DS9 and cannot use safe login for and another experiencing it from PvP zones. My issue seems resolved by the fact that when I relogged to check for an update I cannot get into the launcher now. Yaay!
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-03-2010, 06:20 AM
Keep updating this thread, I sent the URL to a GM and they are looking at this thread, also if you have any friends experiencing this problem, please encourage them to post here with their issue.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-03-2010, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khajjah View Post
Got oone stuck on DS9 and cannot use safe login for and another experiencing it from PvP zones. My issue seems resolved by the fact that when I relogged to check for an update I cannot get into the launcher now. Yaay!
Glad to see I am not the only one having this problem but yes now that you mention it the problem occurs when I changed zones. But now both char are stuck.

Another player from Tampa Florida. Hey neighbor!