Lt. Commander
Q: Trueheart: I'd like to toss in that I'm also curious where on the priority list "more functional ship interiors" sits. And while it was mentioned that some chairs in ESD are getting the special "sit" option, please say the captain's chair and ready room chairs on the ship are going to be tagged with that option as well.

A: We now see functional ship interiors greatly tied to future Foundry updates where we want players to take direct control over designing their ship interiors. The sit conversion is currently focused on social areas where multiple players tend to hang out, and once we've hit those, we'll be going back and getting all the bridge and ship interior chairs to work.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sooo.......you're giving us the ability to sit in a chair in most parts of the game, EXCEPT in the 2 areas that most of us want the most???

i have no words for this that would be appropriate to this forum.
Lt. Commander
# 42
11-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueheart
I've been working on getting some of my DSE accolades in "lower" sectors and have never once caused a DSE mob to spawn at my level. I think at some point that problem was fixed because if it was still a problem I'm sure it would have seen it in the over 300 encounters I've done so far.

Has anyone noticed this recently and if so in what sector?
It happens in Sirius quite often. Nothing like wandering there on my lieutenant to do the quest only to be one-shotted by fighters or BoP's that are 42 levels higher because an admiral or two are in the instance getting an accolade, which as far as I can tell doesn't do much but give you some sort of bragging rights or a passive. After and hour or two AFTER the admiral left did the levels revert back to normal. Plenty of complaints about it though and not everyone comes to the forums to lodge a complaint. Most of the people will get fed up and leave to go do other missions. This happened last week so it definitely has not been fixed as the fantasy is going.
Lt. Commander
# 43
11-02-2010, 12:56 PM
Hi guys!

I'm happy, that my endless exploration sector question generated some discussion! ^^
When I asked about endless sectors, I was merely scratching the surface. Of course I don't think we need literally endless exploration sectors. Even if it could be done, it would be pointless. (Or is there someone who can fly hir ship forever? :p) I was thinking more of a half predesigned half generated sector(block), that is big enough to feel the vastness of space and the loneliness of being the only fed/klg ship in parsecs.

To further elaborate the idea, I've created a new thread here. I'd really like to hear your (and perhaps the devs' ) opinions!
Lt. Commander
# 44
11-02-2010, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyyy View Post
My guess is May-September. You should have been working on the PvP issue way before you started on the UGC. Anyone else here seeing themself playing salvage for 6 more month ? Not me.
no because UGC is going to provide a hell of a lot more content than PVP.
Lt. Commander
# 45
11-02-2010, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasensal
Except they DON'T animate any particular way on the shows. We've proven over and over on our thread that it's canon they CAN move, not that they WILL or WHY.

Well I hope you're happy with yourselves, you ruined this game for me.
the BoP animation "ruined' the game for you? i hope this is sarcasm.
Lt. Commander
# 46
11-02-2010, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Curious about what Champions Online going free to play means for Star Trek Online's future? Dieing to know what the future holds for PvP? Maybe, you're wondering if we're adding another faction soon? Star Trek Online's Executive Producer, Dan Stahl, answers all in this month's Ask Cryptic!

Link to the Article
Just FYI: its "Dying" not "Dieing".
Lt. Commander
# 47
11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
There is alot of great answers in this edition, but I still have a couple of questions I'd really like to see some information about:

1) Why can't you buy any of the higher level stuff at ESD. or DS9 or whereever? Why can't you make the merchants be level specific? Ex: If I'm a Captain on ESD have them sell level VII & VIII items.

2) Are we ever going to be able to use Memory Alpha to add abilities to whatever items we want? Are we going to be able to add items to uncommon items to make them rare?

I think that these are the 2 questions i would like to see answered....Thanks!!!!!

Tommy
Lt. Commander
# 48
11-02-2010, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majosea View Post
It happens in Sirius quite often. Nothing like wandering there on my lieutenant to do the quest only to be one-shotted by fighters or BoP's that are 42 levels higher because an admiral or two are in the instance getting an accolade, which as far as I can tell doesn't do much but give you some sort of bragging rights or a passive. After and hour or two AFTER the admiral left did the levels revert back to normal. Plenty of complaints about it though and not everyone comes to the forums to lodge a complaint. Most of the people will get fed up and leave to go do other missions. This happened last week so it definitely has not been fixed as the fantasy is going.
I've been griefed a couple times by this... The admiral will invite me to a group, tell me to hit the "match level" button, I do, I am able to help a little bit, then they'll go "woops gotta go" leaving me at LtC4 to fend off 44+ ships.

I took a 143k crit once when that happened.
Lt. Commander
# 49
11-02-2010, 05:32 PM
Cryptic,

Thanks for the update, I check in weekly to see what the state of the game is, new releases, etc, etc.

At this point I find I have maxed out on excitement for STO several months back, and have not played for close to a month, with no desire in the near future to do so. The feature series is a great step in the right direction, and I like how dialogue is starting to come into play in missions, effecting the outcome. However, there are ways to go before STO feels like stepping into a Star Trek Series movie, or tv series.

At this point, I will rejoin STO when the Romulan faction becomes a reality...which sounds like at least a year from now. By then, there will be a year worth of new content, and I will finally be able to play with the faction I desire to play with, even if it is a slow grind to the top, it would be exciting to me. Until then, I'll stop by weekly to see how the state of the game is, and hope that the Romulan faction might be out earlier.

peace STO community,

Alextar
Lt. Commander
# 50
11-02-2010, 06:56 PM
Too bad i missed the window to ask question, just noticed this thread, anyways for whatever its worth here is my question:

Currently the klingon faction has a sizeable advantage over the federation side especially at the VA level ships. The carriers have tipped the scale considerably in their favor and has left us Fed space arena PvPers out in the cold. Any updates when there might be a balance incorporated to iron out the current imbalance that has been introduced as of the latest ship patch?