Lt. Commander
# 1 Suggestion for Foundry loot
11-02-2010, 04:26 AM
I was thinking about loot and how it could be allocated. Taking into account what DStahl said about it being based on time to complete and what goes on in the mission, perhaps, having a ranking based on this.

Each Rank would then be allocated particular loot.
It would be awesome if the author could then select from a list in this rank, what they would like this mission to give, perhaps selecting 3 or 4 options which the player could choose from.

This would allow some measure of control and allow people to work for something shiny, both in creating and playing a particular mission.

This would also mean that there would be less randomness to the loot, where one person may play it and get a really awesome item, then someone else plays it and gets something else, completely unwanted.

Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-02-2010, 04:57 AM
Anarchy Online had these computer generated missions with some criteria that could be put in, and you ended up with a reward and mission objectives to your liking. I'm thinking that was a forerunner to the UGC, there were hints in the interface to allow players to do more creative stuff, but it never happened, at least not the few years I played there.

Basically you had a reward slot window with rotating/random rewards, which would be granted at mission completion, with some minor adjustments to what you could expect to do in there. In the end it was all just a limited selection of rooms linked randomly together, and slightly different enemy types. But people used it a lot, despite it's rather generic nature. At the time it was... rather innovative.

With customized player created missions, you could still have external parameters, and rewards, although the encounters inside would be more fixed as to not mess up the integrity of the erm.. plot. Apart from difficulty and possibly adding elements like a timer or possibly spawn numbers/ranked enemies. Not entirely a step forward technically speaking, since the players do the job for the computer/programmers. But external parameters is to some extent very plausible when applied to a system like this.

The Anarchy Online rewards consisted of utter junk, but it was better than nothing. I guess.

---
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-02-2010, 05:01 AM
ahhh cool..thats another point actually...Good loot please Cryptic, especially for the longest and most difficult missions. Some nice...shiny...purples
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-02-2010, 05:01 AM
how about UGC loot should only give you stuff that can only be used for UGC? so to improve the UGC tools options etc, you have to play more UGC missions and gain UGC points, true this does mean yet another currency, but it does mean that anything to do with the UGC won't effect the rest of the game unless a Dev selects one of your missions to be more official etc.

Also the UGC points is just a basic idea, but still something on the lines of something that can ONLY be used for UGC missions.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-02-2010, 05:16 AM
I think something like that would hurt UGC overall. If you limit the tools to begin with, you will start off with sub-par missions, when what you want is people with all the tools doing awesome missions right off the bat, and if people can get good loot from the missions, it will promote UGC even more