Lt. Commander
# 1 Music Player
10-28-2010, 11:58 PM
Has anybody figured out how to use the in game music player. It is a neat idea so that you can listen to what you want and not have to minimize to change tracks/alter volume, but I can't get it to work. I have Winamp and have it set to Winamp in the Audio options. But I still get no options on the player. Any help would be appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-29-2010, 04:34 AM
I don't use Winamp, so this may not be overly helpful but I use the ingame music player control with iTunes and it seems to work quite well.

I have found though that it works much better if I have the music player (iTunes) opened prior to starting STO, not sure if that would help you or not.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-29-2010, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Finn
Has anybody figured out how to use the in game music player. It is a neat idea so that you can listen to what you want and not have to minimize to change tracks/alter volume, but I can't get it to work. I have Winamp and have it set to Winamp in the Audio options. But I still get no options on the player. Any help would be appreciated.
I found to use winamp you need to start it first then lanuch the game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-30-2010, 02:15 AM
Okay. I've figured it out. With winamp it's not really an in-game music player but more like an in-game control for winamp. I had to actually start winamp and select my playlist through there, then in-game I can skip track and control volume. Thank you to DogsBody and N_Danger.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-03-2010, 02:34 AM
it works for me even if i start winamp after starting the game...

wish they could make it so the controls does not have to be reopened every time you zone into a new map...
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-03-2010, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Finn
Okay. I've figured it out. With winamp it's not really an in-game music player but more like an in-game control for winamp. I had to actually start winamp and select my playlist through there, then in-game I can skip track and control volume. Thank you to DogsBody and N_Danger.
You're not missing anything, thats the same control level you get if using itunes aswell (Play, pause, next / prev track). Would be nice to be able to select a play list but as its easy to alt-tab back to itunes to do it, its no big issue and they have more important things to worry about.

Glad you got it working anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-03-2010, 11:17 AM
STO crashes when i use Winamp, and the control has not function there fore i dont use winamp anymore